+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread: Cost Rules - Discussion 2010

Hi,

I have searched on the forum and in the cost report appendix but have found nothing.

I was wondering the appropriate use of the "Hand - Start only" process.

My understanding is that is only needed when we put a bolt or nut in place by hand before using another tool. But when using a screwdriver/socket ratchet or other tools that does not need the fastener already sitting on the threads we would not need it.

I have missed the point?

In a second order,

We use the Mill Form - Cutter process to make splines, we were wondering if the length needs to represent the process.

For exemple, we have a steel shaft with 24 x 2.15 cm splines.

We are costing
    51.6cm
    x 0.10$/cm (Mill Form-cutter)
    x 3 (Steel multiplier)

it adds up to 15.48$ which seems pretty pricey. Is that alright.

Thank you,
    :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::
    2007-2012 - Suspension, chassis, and stuff (mostly stuff)
    Université de Sherbrooke

Originally posted by theloyal:
    Hi, we are first year team and have a plan to participate in FSAE Australia this year.
    i want to ask that cost table for materials, tollings and fasteners that are posted in the website were originally posted at 28 November 2010 and now prices of some parts have increased. like we want to purchase Damper that are given in table have 125$ unit price whereas we found that damper of 175$. Then we are surely going to loose marks in cost, so what should i do now in this scenario..??
    Regards
    The event officials dont care about what price you paid for a particular component.
    Some teams get it for free and some pay twice or more for the same.
    You only have to use the cost mentioned in the table for cost reporting, not to mention everybody knows that table is old but you have to use it.
    You can keep a track on fsaeonline.com for updates in table if any.

Some imp qustions

1)Do we need to submit only the eBOM this year??
    i.e. the 3sheets (cost summary, BOM, Revision log)

2) I have heard about teams have reports containing 500-600 sheets. So how do they email so many pages?

3) what to fill in Revision log??
    please guide.

I have a quick question about the Cost event, but didn't really deem it worthy of starting a new thread.

Is "Wire, Power" intended to apply only to battery/alternator/fuse/etc wiring, or should it be used even for the 5V/GND supply for each sensor? Sensors draw very little current, so they're hardly "power" wires when compared to the larger wires.

There are also entries for control and signal lines which would be more appropriate for your case.

Hey Everyone,

I am just looking to clarify the tooling options for the Cost Report. Last year at FSAE California our team got docked quite a bit for not including a composite tooling device for our composite parts. When looking at the tooling tables there are four options for lamination which are costed based on the surface area of the tool used.

I'm just wondering to as what this is referring to for tooling? I'm thinking that this might be referring to the mold used for making the final part, but I'm not sure if this is right.

Last year I costed the molds using the material and process required to make the molds. Then we costed the lay up process and cost of material and finishing and what not. I am just confused as to what tooling we are required to have included in the cost report. Anyone else have a similar issue?

Cheers,

Eric W
    UVic Formula SAE

It's simpler than you are making it. Just pick the tooling options out of the tooling table to go with the parts you are making. The process tables tell you which processes require tooling so there is no judgement call required.

HI

I can't understand about Fuse control, Fuse signal and Fuse power.

how select the word right?

and i think that fuel pump is fuse signal.
    and fan is fuse power.

is it right?

help me please

Reference Rule C8. Both fan and fuel pump are power lines.

Thank you Mr,Bill Riley.
    I have one more question.
    I have many problem because of Adapter and Fitting.
    I search them on google.
    but that is same picture and explanation when i search Adapter and Fitting.
    how can I distinguish Adapter from Fitting?

and They have only Aluminum or Steel material.
    but i use brass fitting.
    so i can't write BOM.

last, I request some material on View eAIR Master Table & Committee Decision.
    but judge didn't answer to me.
    How can i do?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11