+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ohlins TTX25 vs Cane Creek Double Barrel

Just quick question, how big of a difference is there between the CCDB and TTX25 MKI? And then how big of a difference between the CCDB and TTX25 MKII?

I see that the MKII allows for much lower damping force, and I believe that the CCDB has pretty high damping forces across the entire dyno curve; so I assume the TTX25 MKI is similar to the CCDB?

they both look alarmingly alike... besides the picture from ohlins does have cane written on it..

but i wonder how the ohlins are cheaper if its sourced from cane creek

The damping in all three of them are different. The original CCDB was way too stiff for an FSAE car, but can be made to work with a serious motion ratio. The MkI is softer and the MkII even softer than the Mk1. However since 2010 you could get the MKI (and MKII) with various valving.

The MKI and MKII look identical, there are some other differences though, like the shaft seal. The original CCDB was designed by ohlins, and since many FSAE teams started using them they decided to sell them themselves to fsae teams. Thats probably why its cheaper.

The question is still, which damper gives you the damping and adjustment that you want?
    Stefan Nasello
    Queens University Racing - Project Manager 2009
    Rennstall Esslingen - Suspension Team 2010

www.qfsae.com
    www.rennstall-esslingen.de

Originally posted by SNasello:
    The question is still, which damper gives you the damping and adjustment that you want?
    Penske 7800 non-adjustables
    Portland State - 2009-11
    Desire is the key to motivation, but it's determination and commitment to an unrelenting pursuit of your goal - a commitment to excellence - that will enable you to attain the success you seek. - Mario Andret

+ Reply to Thread