Does anyone know whose it is?
    ---------------------------
    Pie Man

Found this picture floating around on my hard drive:

http://fsae.com/groupee_files/photo_...7ECFE81CB4.jpg

Does anyone know whose it is?
    Pie Man

oh, and is it possible to imbed images at all like you could with the old board?
    Pie Man

I think that is Kettering University.

yes that is Kettering's car at one of our early testing sessions, sans body work and other asetetics, last year.

Use the tags [ IMG]http://myimage.jpg[/IMG ] minus the extra spaces before IMG and after /IMG, or just use the picture button when you're making a post and it'll take the link and make it a picture automatically. It's the button that looks like mountains.
    Code:
    "...with powershifts and tiresmoke for all"

I believe that this picture was taken by someone from my team last year. There is a little story behind it that I thought I should share. We came from Australia to Detroit a week before the competition and desperately needed a place to test after having shipped out car via sea freight. The boys at Kettering University, after reading one of our newsletters and hearing about our predicament, got in touch with me and told us about this huge church parking lot where they tested. But they didn't stop there. They also went out of there way, while getting their own car prepared, to take us to the lot in person. They let us use hundreds of their cones to set up a course for testing too. Without their help, our car would not have been as well setup as it was last year.

Thought I would share that story with y'all.

Justin Ulland
    University of Wollongong - 2003

The spirit of FSAE in true form. Way to go Kettering and all the other unsung heroes who share their space, time, tools, knowledge, experience, support, blood, sweat and tears with other teams!

hey,
    not to be bitchin or anything but i thought i heard that if anyone was found testing there car during comp anywheres besides the test track they were automatically disqualified, wasnt sure if anyone else has heard this. good to hear u were able to help a team out, must be a real pain to have to ship a car across the ocean!!!
    Mike Duwe
    UW-P Drivetrain Leader 2004
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Seems to me they didn't test during comp.....but in the week before comp.....not to be bitchin back, but read more carefully. The Gong is a classy bunch, and I wouldn't want to accuse them of doing something stupid.
    Kevin Hall
    University of Saskatchewan
    99-04 Alumni

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast