+ Reply to Thread

Thread: steering ratio with high angularity steering system??

1-if my steering system have high angularity how I can do the calculation for steering ratio??

2- how I can calculate c-factor from this
    steer ratio=sin-1(c-factor /steering arm length)/360

i need total steer ratio 3
    and my steering arm length is 6 cm
    but it inclined on top view from the x direction by 14 deg
    and the angle between tie rod and steering arm is 66 deg

thank you

also if I assume no angularity and use this equation from R.C.V.D the result of c factor is not logic

3=sin-1(c-factor/6)/360

will give c-factor = ???

c-factor=6*sin(3*360)=0

or c-factor =6*360 sin(3)=113 also not logic

It is not a stupid "quistion", it is an uneducated question. So what you need to do is to educate yourself a minimum before you come to such basic question in this forum. The simplicity of your question makes you look dumb, unwilling to learn on your own, impatient, entitled and unnecessarily demanding. And it irritates most of this forum readers who often rightly guess what part of the world this sort of question comes from.

Do you own research fist. Wikipedia and Google are your first best friends. Or in this forum, starting with the C factor definition.

Then either you will have the answer to your question or your question will be a more educated one. You will have gained confidence and recognition, you work will be more productive. For you and for all the forum readers.

For example where did you get this steer ratio formula? Does it make sense to you or do you just introduce replace numbers in the equation to see what it does?Can you also provide a sketch with your question?

One more comment: cm are for carpenters. in mechanical engineering work in mm.
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Originally posted by mohab:
    also if I assume no angularity and use this equation from R.C.V.D the result of c factor is not logic
    Try this thread from last year:
    http://fsae.com/eve/forums?a=t...607348&m=47320645151

One more comment: cm are for carpenters. in mechanical engineering work in mm.
    Only if you can measure or cut accurately or precisely enough for that. I remember being impressed with my team's first tube frame when it was done. No dimension was off more than 3/4" (2 cm). We had a tape measure, a hole saw, and a bench grinder. If your manufacturing precision isn't up to scratch, you will have to be careful and creative at designing methods of alignment and adjustment once you're done with fabrication.
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Mr Doug Milliken

thank you for this very useful information

thanks for all

+ Reply to Thread