+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What ECU's are you guys running?

I was wondering if any team out here runs the Cosworth Pectel SQ6 ???

If so give us a shout...

I was wondering if any team out here runs the Cosworth Pectel SQ6 ???

If so give us a shout...

Hi,
    There are 2 teams that we help out that are running the SQ6. What questions do you have about it?
    Alex Weissinger
    ECU Systems Engineer
    Apex Speed Technology
    alex@apexspeedtech.com

The South Dakota School of Mines & Technology FSAE team is one of the teams that Alex and Apex Speed assist. They are very knowledgable and quick to respond. Thanks!

Jordan Krell

SDSM&T FSAE
    www.hardrockerracing.com

I have a question about what you think of the Pectel SQ6 for the application of FSAE?

We will be changing ECUs next season. The current direction is towards the Motec M400 (for a multitude of reasons). But the two I had considered was the M400 and the SQ6. There is simply not alot of information out there on the SQ6 and more importantly the Pectel software.

I am trying to use the start line limit strategy function for the acceleration event...

I was wondering has any one managed to implement launch control on the SQ6?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Xeilos:
    I have a question about what you think of the Pectel SQ6 for the application of FSAE?

We will be changing ECUs next season. The current direction is towards the Motec M400 (for a multitude of reasons). But the two I had considered was the M400 and the SQ6. There is simply not alot of information out there on the SQ6 and more importantly the Pectel software. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Pectel software is peaty good its called Pi Cal Tool, Our team is very happy with the ecu, we are also running the Omega d3 dash with it...

the only problem you might find is that you will struggle to justify this ecu during costing as its' massively over-speced for fsae application..

Eryk,
    I could easily see why some might think the SQ6 is over-specd for FSAE. But if you really break it down between other ECUs it ends up being a really good deal. just a couple of quick points that even the playing field.
    -built in igniters
    -1 lambda input standard
    -1mb data logging standard
    -Can double as data logger since you can run nearly all of the sensors directly to the ECU (which reduces redundant sensors and wiring cost)

So if you sit down and add up all of the hardware required to do the job of this one ECU you will quickly see that it should be quite easy to justify this on the cost report.
    Alex Weissinger
    ECU Systems Engineer
    Apex Speed Technology
    alex@apexspeedtech.com

You may also want to look at our new ECU The EDGE. It has all of those same features mentioned above and uses stock bike sensors all for less than $1k for FSAE teams.
    Brian Lewis
    Performance Electronics, Ltd.
    www.pe-ltd.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Perf.Elec.Ltd
    Engine Management Systems

+ Reply to Thread