+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula SAE Michigan 2010 Competition: - Updates, Pictures, Stories, and More

Hybrid View

Well, boys and girls, its getting close. I hope everyones ready to rock and roll.

WEATHER, hopefully it wont rain the whole event:

May 12 Wednesday
    A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the mid 70s and lows in the mid 50s.
    May 13 Thursday
    Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.
    May 14 Friday
    Chance of showers. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.
    May 15 Saturday
    Showers possible. Highs in the low 70s and lows in the low 50s.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RacingManiac:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TMichaels:
    Maybe there was an internal order like: Only one team of each design queue should make it into the semis?

Regards,

Tobis </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thought that was always the case....whether a written rule or not....which I am sure in the past means some queue has more than 1 deserving car while some might have none, but the not so good might make it since they don't have the room in other queue.... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This year we were in design queue F, also did FEI and RIT... we got 118 (2 points away from semis), FEI got 117 i think, i dont know how much RIT got but didnt make it to semis... not a single team from queue F passed to design semifinals
    Gian Flavio Violi B.
    Technical Support & Projects Manager - ARCUS Technologies CA [SolidWorks VAR]

Suspension Joe 2009-2011
    Technical Director 2011-2012
    F-SAE Universidad Simón Bolívar Team - Carcas - Venezuela

www. f a c e b o o k .com/#!/album.php?id=100000729456833&aid=11491

I posted this link earlier, but have since updated and cropped some of the photos in the album. Send me an e-mail if you want the hi-res versions. Or tag yourself in your teams photos.

Any results from Autocross? Endurance group numbers?
    Peter Watson
    VT Motorsports
    Virginia Tech Formula SAE
    2011 Electrical Team Leader

Maybe the UTA guys would like to check out this photo. Check the photo album, photos were taken with a very very old camera

Does the twitter page has any pics?
    RiNaZ

Congrats to all the teams so far, good luck for tomorrow in the enduro!
    2003-2008 UF FSAE

For those who have waited for some eye candy, here is Michigan Ann Arbor's 3.766 second acceleration run in high def:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swwt34FET0I

We took plenty of high def acceleration videos for many other teams (not all unfortunately), however youtube likes to take its time uploading and processing HD videos. If anyone has any requests for their team's video please contact myself and an effort will be made to get it up on youtube and the video files in your hands for promotional use.

Congrats to Michigan Ann Arbor for winning the 2010 Acceleration Event!

I finally got ahold of one of our guys camers that had pictures from autoX and endurance.

http://picasaweb.google.com/11...anAutoXAndEndurance#

If you want any full size, just shoot me an email at dustin.zacharyasz@zipsracing.com

Zips Racing 2009-2014
    Jorts and Tank-top model 2013-2014

was definitely a fun competition. congrats to everyone who competed.

and we cant thank Kanagawa enough for the starter clutch for the 450x. without that we wouldnt have been able to even get through noise/brake. granted our engine wasnt tuned quite right (whose is?) but we did manage to complete everything and get 3rd in economy.

Alex
    Kettering FSAE
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast