+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Searching for the limit

It’s been a while since I’ve posted, but I’m back from the dead with something that you all might be interested in, and which might be also be shameless self-promotion.

One of the best things about Formula SAE is the stories you pick up along the way; from ill-advised keg parties in Detroit hotel rooms to that time a particular team from the Midwest accidentally set the better part of Missouri on fire. I decided to take the stories from our build blog, the emails, and the memories from my senior year and condense them down into a book.

I think this gives an entertaining account of not only my senior year, but paints a pretty good picture of life on a Formula team in general. I made it pretty accessible to people who don’t know FSAE but also entertaining for those who have been there, and hopefully helpful and illuminating to anyone on a team now.

Paperback is a whopping $5 if you use this coupon code: NT6MWD8J. Ebooks are 99 cents for the Kindle, Nook, and iPad. iPad version is non DRM.

The first two chapters are free here in PDF or EPUB .

I hope you enjoy the read, and I hope you also fondly remember the good times of your Formula experience, and conveniently forget the way it really was
    Matt Brown

Well, I'm hooked!
    I'm surprised it's taken this long for someone to put together something like this. But I must say, it's brilliant.
    You'll be gettin' my 5 bucks for sure.
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

This is great!
    You just got $5 from me =D

Damn, you're first. I'm writing a book rigth now about life in general - and big surprise, FASE is quite a big chapter.
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    2008: Seat and Bodywork
    2009: Team captain

GreenTeam Uni Stuttgart
    2010: Seat and Bodywork / Lamination whore

Formula Student Austria
    2012: Operative Team

Ditto

This looks great, I've been waiting for someone to do this for a little while, I wondered if Geoff "Big Bird" Pearson was going to be the first but congratulations on getting it done first!

Ed
    University of Glasgow BEng 2003-2007
    Oxford Brookes MSc 2007-2008
    University of Glasgow PhD 2009 - god knows when.....
    WORK ....
    --------------------------------------------
    Preliminary operational tests proved inconclusive.... It blew up when we flipped the switch

This awesome, you will be seeing my money shortly
    ex-UWA Motorsport

General team member 2013-15, Vehicle Dynamics Team Lead 2012
    Project Manager 2011, Powertrain minion 2009/10

awesome read.
    Excellent. Money coming as well.

You literally just made my day. I was looking for something to do during my flight home. Watching Truth in 24 again will not take my entire flight, so a great read about FSAE/life will be perfect.

Awesome! 5 US Dollars are on the way from Germany as well... Plus another 6.something for shipping. Createspace said it is going to be delivered 11th of January, wtf??? Is someone going to take it across the ocean in a rowing boat?
    Lutz Dobrowohl
    2008-2011
    Raceyard Kiel

Now: Scruitineer, Design Judge, application engineer @Altair engineering

Whatever you do, do it hard!

Thanks for the kind words everyone. I've kind of always expected a book or a made for tv movie or something about FSAE, there are so many people involved. Hopefully we can get some more books and stories written; I would love to see other people's adventures in FSAE.

Originally posted by Luniz:
    Awesome! 5 US Dollars are on the way from Germany as well... Plus another 6.something for shipping. Createspace said it is going to be delivered 11th of January, wtf??? Is someone going to take it across the ocean in a rowing boat?
    Wow, sorry for the wait, though $6 shipping halfway around the world isn't bad. If you want to PM me your email, I can send you the PDF.
    Matt Brown

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast