+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Searching for the limit

Free Racecar for everyone!

The book!

Sorry, did you think I meant something else?

I finally broke even on the book (writing is a terrible way to make money. Stay in school kids!) so I'm giving digital copies of the book away for free.

http://www.superfastmatt.com/2...1/free-racecars.html

Thanks to all of you who purchased a copy.

Paper copies still cost money, but if you have an e-reader or want to read it on the computer, you can download the PDF or EPUB at the link above. Feel free to send it out to all your friends and family, coworkers, teammates, random members of the press, Jay Leno, Bob Lutz, and Elon Musk.
    Matt Brown

Damn you Matt! It is exam period here mate, and I'm supposed to study! Much appreciated, as the hardcopys will take their time arriving to Greece, but I think that still everyone has to buy it; it just does not feel right, plus I want it to my library!

Fuck studying for exams...I read the whole thing almost in one go! Great book Matt! I love how I could see not only myself but also other fellow team members in your team; plus emotions and workload has been pretty much the same around here for the past five-and-a-half years I've been with the team! Oh, and a quick comment on how comfortable an FSAE car can be; I actually fell asleep in our car on the test engine area, trying to fix our noise problems in FSG '11....

So did I break you even then?

The book actually came yesterday but I already finished reading the online version a week ago.

Even though I can't agree with everything on the book it was a good read and good insight to FSAE. Sometimes it's good to know that the feelings we go through in the workshop are pretty universal.

I have to give the book to a friend that has nothing to do with FSAE to get an unbiased review.

PS. Now I really regret that we've been honest and detailed with the cost report, especially now with the data acquisition inclusion which a lot of teams just "forgot" and got away with it (avg. -3000$ that is). D*mn finnish nature.
    "...when this baby hits 88 miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious shit" - Dr. Brown

Matt,

Cheers for writing this. I picked up my copy and then didnt put it down till I finished it. At which point I got back on amazon and bought another three copies as gifts to some people. It provides a great insight as to what is required to be a useful member in an FSAE team.

I hope that you now start to make some money off it, you deserve to.

Good Job,

Chappy
    Matthew Chapman

ADFA Racing
    UNSW@ADFA
    2006-2011

Awesome.
    I cracked up when I saw the photo of one of the team sitting in the bones of the chassis in a welding helmet. There's one the same of our '11 monster and the guy who welded the chassis.

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=227133690658463&set=a.2200125713705 75.53115.190213917683774&type=3&theater
    MUR Suspension & Steering '11
    MUR Suspension advisory/annoyance '12
    BJR data engineer '13
    Maker of things

Sweet book man. I was reading it and told two newer members about it. Both of them downloaded it and finished it before me! Definitely gives inspiration to guys that haven't seen the competition to let them know we aren't the only ones having issues.

Also, the " ask you mom " joke was pretty good.
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Really good writing and a great view of the whole 'race car world'. Thanks for the free download - I stuck the link on the MTSU Formula SAE Facebook page.
    Daryl

I am about 75% of the way through the book and honestly this deserves the $10.
    www.fsaesim.com - FSAE Lap Sim - Vehicle Simulation

I read the first 2 chapter preview you put up and decided to buy the book. Being from Bangalore India importing books usually ends up costing a bomb.

Some time later I found an Indian retailer (flipkart) offering the book for about 10$ with free shipping.

They said it will come in 15 days, but it arrived, amazingly in 9 days flat.

Well written Matt, essential reading in my opinion for first year teams and first year members.

And since we all love a good underdog story, I won't be surprised if it becomes a movie!
    He who follows another is always behind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast