+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wilwood Dynalite Single Thin Rotor

Has anyone used the Dynalite Singles with part number 120-4060-LP? What's the difference between them and a normal 120-4060? I'd planned on buying those, but forgot and bought the 120-4060. Now, we're thinking of having to weld a plate onto the backing pad to prevent the pads from slipping out as they wear.

Has anyone used the Dynalite Singles with part number 120-4060-LP? What's the difference between them and a normal 120-4060? I'd planned on buying those, but forgot and bought the 120-4060. Now, we're thinking of having to weld a plate onto the backing pad to prevent the pads from slipping out as they wear.

I bought them off Chassis Shop, who doesn't sell the LPs. I'm going to call Wilwood tomorrow.

Alex,

LP means Long Piston. I don't know how thin a rotor you are planning on using but you really have to have worn pads to be concern about them slipping out. If you have fresh pads you shouldn't have a problem.

Eric
    The 40oz Killer!

We've got 3/16" rotors. If you use a thin rotor with the normal pistons, do you have to make any kind of backing plate for the pad?

you can always deck your caliper halves. Just be sure to take off the same ammount on both sides, and squeare, because the bridge pass through needs to line up on both sides.

this effectively moves your pistons closer together, allowing you to run thinner rotors without worrying about your pistons flying out with wear.

I would definitely reccommend that you make spacers or deck the caliper halves. While testing the a UW car a few years ago we had a pad wedge itself between the rotor and the caliper body and cocked both pistons in their bores and ended up destroying the caliper. It was a .19" thick rotor with the dynalyte single like you describe. After that we either pressed extensions on the pistons or used spacers behind the pads and never had any more issues.

+ Reply to Thread