+ Reply to Thread

Thread: CBR600RR Engine Crank Position Sensor Question

We're running the motor out of a 2003 CBR600RR with Megasquirt v3.0 for management. I need to know what teeth to grind off for the crank position sensor. I've searched and could not find a definitive answer. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lets start with an easy one

Why do you assume you need to grind off a tooth?
    The engine also has a cam position sensor that can be used to give you the stroke position
    --
    University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    http://illinimotorsports.net

msextra.com

Does your ECU support a cam sensor and sequential injection.

I would strongly advise this for a CBR.

Most ECU's will support this feature and then you would not need to modify your toothed wheel.
    Regards
    Jon

With both our Motec and Vipec Ecus we have had to grind off 2 of the 3 Cam position teeth.
    Uni surrey powertrain '11

not with DTAfast!!!

CBR600RR comes as one of the pre set base maps. just connect the sensors and away to go.

almost as easy with our new engine, no missing teeth and a cam sensor. no missing teeth! no base map but easy to setup and great support
    Regards
    Jon

Our PE3 ECU also supports the stock crank and cam wheels for the RR. There is no need to grind of any teeth with our system. It also uses all of the stock sensors.

That being said if you are using one of the other systems that only allow one sync pulse, you should be able to set it up regardless of which teeth you grind off. Just make sure that the remaining cam tooth does not line up with any crank teeth.
    Brian Lewis
    Performance Electronics, Ltd.
    www.pe-ltd.com
    http://www.facebook.com/Perf.Elec.Ltd
    Engine Management Systems

We ground off one of the teeth for Microsquirt on our CBR600 engine which worked fine. Don't know which one off the top of my head but you can look on the megamanual for the recommended number of degrees BTDC where the signal should be. What was a bitch was gettin gthe stock coils to towrk well. I ended up yanking them and installing LS1 coils and it made a world of difference in driveability.
    Daryl

+ Reply to Thread