+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Suspencion Design software

Hey anyone know where i can get any suspencion design software??

Forgot to mention that it must be free!!

Hey TransAm, isn't it a little late to be designing your suspension? Check out Performance Trends' website(http://www.performancetrends.com/). You can download a demo of their Suspension Analyzer software. It's not the greatest thing in the world, but it'll get you started with kinematics. Good luck.

-Trey

Thanks for the info. It's for 2006 and better late than never.

I understand that it's free to US teams in FSAE, but is it possible to get ADAMS/car as UK team entering Formula Student.

I've got a copy of Hyperworks, which is a great pre and post processer, but without an ADAMS solver it seems to be useless. Although, this could just be me as i haven't had time learn how to use the software properly - trying to design the whole suspension in under 6 weeks by yourself is hard enough without using unfamiliar software.
    David

Torotrak (Development) Ltd
    University of Newcastle upon Tyne Graduate
    Newcastle Racing 2003-2006

You could also get by with solidworks and excel. Working motion and Cosmosmotion are usually available to university students, as is Excel.

Plug the equations in a spreadsheet and go from there. Use Solidworks as a simple Kinematics tool to get baseline cambergain rates. Then you can use working model or cosmosmotion for things like ackermann, bump steer and the finer kinematics. You probably can't spend your time learning ADAMS if you've never used it. It'll just give you junk data if it's not well used.

It is somewhat unclear from ADAMS' website. Do you already need to have a license of MSC.ADAMS in order to get the free trial of ADAMS/CAR? Or can you have nothing and still get the free trial? We are currently researching vehicle dynamics programs for the '06 car.

Thanks,

Yeah, you have to have a license of ADAMS already. If your department doesn't have it already, they should
    Alumni, University of Washington
    Structural / Mechanical Engineer, Blue Origin

Yeah I was afraid of that. We should have a lot of things that we dont.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast