+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pitch point

Anuj,
    You obviously have access to the internet, and there is absolutely nothing to stop you Googling to seek information on any subject.

Now sometimes it takes a little digging to find exactly what you want, but a little patience will usually be amply rewarded.

What is irritating people here is that you expect us to spend considerable time explaining things directly to you in great detail, when you could not be bothered to make any effort yourself.

Looking up information and stitching together optimum solutions is a huge part of engineering.
    If you simply cannot be bothered, or are not truly fascinated by all this technical stuff, you are going to have a really tough time ahead of you in the job market.
    Cheers, Tony

Jay,

You're entitled to your opinion.

But Claude is a judge.

A judge should show qualities of patience, open-mindedness, courtesy, tact, firmness, understanding, compassion and humility. A judge with integrity sets aside personal prejudices.

His first paragraph did not reflect those qualities. Nor did his last.

But that's just my opinion.

BaseOverApex: You seem to have jumped into the middle of something. Here's some perspective:

1. Claude probably has more posts on this forum than anyone encouraging everyone to reach for excellence, do things in a proper engineering manner and treat each other with respect.

2. Claude is one of the most courageous posters on this forum (and elsewhere) in his willingness to call a spade "a spade", even if the listener doesn't want to hear it.

3. Nobody has worked harder to help bring the Indian teams up to a "world standard" than Claude. If you're unaware of this, please do some research on where that got him. Let's just say that he did not experience that list of qualities you presented in return.

I'm not saying you should or shouldn't feel offended by his post, but I hope you know the bigger picture.
    Dr. Edward M. Kasprzak
    President: EMK Vehicle Dynamics, LLC
    Associate: Milliken Research Associates, Inc.
    Co-Director: FSAE Tire Test Consortium
    Lecturer: SAE Industrial Lecture Program
    FSAE Design Judge

Originally posted by BaseOverApex:
    Claude,

Although I do not disagree with your main point, your reply is rude and unprofessional.

Additionally, your last comment could be considered racist, or at the very least, imply that you have a bias against Indian teams.

You would set a better example by not responding. Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise.
    Do you not think some bias against Indian teams is valid? If we can't criticise poor engineering and bizarre local regulations, which dominate the Indian comp more so than any other, without being accused of racism we're not going to get very far.

Being racist implies criticism of a characteristic of a person related to race that they have no control over - i.e. skin colour.

Claude (and indeed no one here to my knowledge is doing that) Indian teams at international competitions have a lot of factors in common that are preventing them (and Indian FSAE in general from succeeding) some of these are related to poor engineering, others are related to culture. Culture isn't race BTW.

Edward is entirely correct that Claude has done a huge amount for this competition and Indian teams in particular. He has more than earned the right to "call a spade, a spade" without being accused of racism.

Ben
    -

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2