+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pitch point

We are confused about the pitch point and the side view instant center. Can any one help us in calculating the pitch point location.

There is a good book on the market...

RCVD

Can't you Google it or read some good books (much are referenced in this forum ... that is if you take the time to look for it) and come back with more challenging / educated / useful questions? (useful for you and for everybody else in this forum)

You give the impression you want everything, immediately, from other people without trying yourself.

It will also be more inviting for the reader(s) to answer you if you would simply explain what you already know and what you do not understand

Let me guess.... India ?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Claude,

Although I do not disagree with your main point, your reply is rude and unprofessional.

Additionally, your last comment could be considered racist, or at the very least, imply that you have a bias against Indian teams.

You would set a better example by not responding. Silence is the virtue of those who are not wise.

BaseOverApex,

Claude gave good advice and his comment regarding India is, in my opinion, simply a product of his experience (some research would show you why). Many people are biased against Indian teams because they keep showing up with poorly designed and built cars based on poorly asked questions on this forum. This is changing, which is very good, but there's still a way to go. Deal with it.

In future, use a signature so people know what team you're from and what your name is.
    Jay

UoW FSAE '07-'09

dude you guys think that staying there you are the best but for us we think what we are up to...if u were in our place you would have already gave up..for a free advice to u all:
    "Know the situation before you give your opinion.."

Comrade!

Race Car Vehicle Dynamics is a must have book for any team. Get it now, and it will be useful for the subsequent teams as well.

Also, if you know how to plot roll centers, you can definitely work this out too. It will eventually come down to pure geometry.

Keep at it! Keep reading!
    Ratna Mitheysh
    Camber Racing | SRM University
    www.camberracing.com

Ratna

I got that thing...i was not clear about the pitch point and instant center. Any way thanks

Just goes to show some things never change.

FSAE Pitch Centers Link

What exactly are you not clear about with the pitch point and instant center?

Definitions? Goals of design? Placement?
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

Originally posted by Comrade Guevara:
    dude you guys think that staying there you are the best but for us we think what we are up to...if u were in our place you would have already gave up..for a free advice to u all:
    "Know the situation before you give your opinion.."
    Nobody here thinks that. You're missing the point
    Your question is really just a general kinematics question that doesn't need to be asked on this forum.
    Reminds me of a freshman who only stares at a text book and calls it 'studying' and complains he doesn't get mechanics.
    Sheridan Motorsports troll (2012-2014)
    Cubicle troll (2015 - God knows when)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast