+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moderators

I've been meaning to do this for a while...
    There are a few moderators on the forum now.
    I'm one of them. RiNaZ is one of them.
    I know that one other invitation to be a moderator was sent out but I'm not sure if it was accepted. I'll let that guy identify himself if he would like to.

The site owners are still active here as well.

After a few months I still haven't done anything moderatorish yet.

This is the direction I was given by the site owners:
    Please note that we do not like to censor information on FSAE.com. We believe that engineers are capable of carrying on decent conversations, even if sometimes they get a little heated or trivial.

The only posts that should be deleted are ones that are like the "Free iPod", "Gift Certificate" etc. Posts that may be offensive to someone, as is the case in several topics currently on FSAE.com, should not necessarily be deleted. We want to allow various opinions on topics.
    I just figured you should know who the moderators are.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

I've been meaning to do this for a while...
    There are a few moderators on the forum now.
    I'm one of them. RiNaZ is one of them.
    I know that one other invitation to be a moderator was sent out but I'm not sure if it was accepted. I'll let that guy identify himself if he would like to.

The site owners are still active here as well.

After a few months I still haven't done anything moderatorish yet.

This is the direction I was given by the site owners:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Please note that we do not like to censor information on FSAE.com. We believe that engineers are capable of carrying on decent conversations, even if sometimes they get a little heated or trivial.

The only posts that should be deleted are ones that are like the "Free iPod", "Gift Certificate" etc. Posts that may be offensive to someone, as is the case in several topics currently on FSAE.com, should not necessarily be deleted. We want to allow various opinions on topics.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I just figured you should know who the moderators are.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

+ Reply to Thread