+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Horse power outputs in 2006

I wanna see how stupid-light penn state's car is this year. I suspect (based on them selling brand new calipers purchased after FSAE '05) that there's some titanium brake parts coming this year.... 350lbs? 340? with an f4i?
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

Right around 80hp and 39-40 ftlbs of torque NA
    edit: This is on a chassis dyno

Official numbers will be had at comp on the Land & Sea Dyno
    Stan Weed
    UNH Precision Racing
    '05,'06
    Electronics Team Captain
    Engine Team
    General Smart Ass

What were the results of the 'official' chassis dyno at the competition? Do they post them online?

~Adam
    Adam R. Reinke
    Northern Illinois University FSAE '02 '03 '04
    BorgWarner Turbo Systems '04 - Current

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by A Reinke:
    What were the results of the 'official' chassis dyno at the competition? Do they post them online?

~Adam </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I, too, would be interested to see the results. I heard from someone on the Cornell team that they made 86 hp (but were having eWastegate issues) and that Helsinki made 87 hp.
    Chris Davin
    Cornell Racing
    Engine Team '02 '03 '04 '05

Dartmouth posted 88 hp and 66 ft-lbs torque at 7000 RPM on the chassis dyno at comp this year.

(Turbo-E85 R6)

Mike
    Dartmoth Engine Guy

That is 90.3 SAE corrected.

This was measured on a donojet 250 on a single motorcycle wheel(because it is a motorcycle dyno)

The confirmed weight is below 180kg fully fueled.

The engine is a Naturally Aspirated Yamaha R6.
    --------------

Electronic expert
    Sirius racing
    www.formulasae.luth.se

I think we (Oklahoma) posted a record peak horsepower at the competition this year on the chassis dyno. 138 horsepower.

-Matt
    Matt Brown

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by SoonerMatt:
    I think we (Oklahoma) posted a record peak horsepower at the competition this year on the chassis dyno. 138 horsepower.

-Matt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Area under the curve, my friend... :-)
    Chris Davin
    Cornell Racing
    Engine Team '02 '03 '04 '05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Davin:
    ...and that Helsinki made 87 hp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was at their design judging (first stage) and they had claimed 110 hp, same as last year. So their has got to be something wrong with one or both dynos I would think.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TG:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Davin:
    ...and that Helsinki made 87 hp. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was at their design judging (first stage) and they had claimed 110 hp, same as last year. So their has got to be something wrong with one or both dynos I would think.

Tim Gruhl
    ASU Motorsports </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

There may not be anything wrong with the dyno used at comp. Perhaps their '110' was calculated assuming a certain gearbox mechanical efficiency or by the looks of things assuming a chassis dyno was used, a drivetrain / gear box efficiency.

90HP at wheels - assume 80% eff drivetrain/gearbox loss = 110HP at crank!

The question is, will we see 100 at the WEST comp. I hear UTA will be there, and Wollong too?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast