+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheel PCDs of some popular trucks/SUVs

Hi all. Am looking to acquire some wheel hubs as upgrades for a project. As i am not very familiar with the current line of trucks/SUV, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me regarding the trucks and SUVs in the market now with a 6 x 5.5 inch wheel PCD. Thanks in advance.

Hi all. Am looking to acquire some wheel hubs as upgrades for a project. As i am not very familiar with the current line of trucks/SUV, I was wondering if someone could enlighten me regarding the trucks and SUVs in the market now with a 6 x 5.5 inch wheel PCD. Thanks in advance.

Found this with a 30 second google search:

http://www.geocities.com/Motor...eelBoltPatterns.html

It's a super-common bolt pattern, to my knowledge the only 6-bolt you're likely to find in the U.S. that varies from this is the Dodge Dakota/Durango, which uses a much smaller 6-bolt pattern.

Outside of that, a very large percentage of Japanese trucks use this, as do many 1/2 ton Chevy/GMC 4x4s. Not sure what your project entails, but if I remember right the center hole on the rim is a bit larger or smaller on the Chevy compared to the others, which may cause problems when swapping between Chevy and Japanese hubs and rims.
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Thanks for the help. I did google it before posting but I guess my phrasing was a little wrong hence google didn't quite get what I meant.

Fair enough. I was a little confused with "PCD," although I recognized 6 x 5.5 as a common bolt pattern...
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

+ Reply to Thread