+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: where can I get bump stops?

I searched the forums and the web looking for bump stops but I came up with nothing. If any of you could give any recommendations as to a supplier I would appreciate it.

thanks,
    Andrew
    Rutgers Formula Racing

I searched the forums and the web looking for bump stops but I came up with nothing. If any of you could give any recommendations as to a supplier I would appreciate it.

thanks,
    Andrew
    Rutgers Formula Racing
    Rutgers Formula Racing (05,06,07)
    Vice President

Persistence...
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a p

can be found at the:

jack
    College dropout extraordinaire
    (formerly WWU Rev-Hone Racing)

Koni sell very usable bump stops in at least 2 spring rates and they can give you rate curve for them.

hint: you can buy solid rubber stock from almost anywhere, and it will 'machine' quite nicely
    "I couldn't find the sportscar of my dreams, so I built it myself" -Ferdinand Porsche

Koni Bump rubbers are made from BASF "elastogran". It is a small cell expanded polyurethane. You can buy it in bar form direct from BASF and machine it with a knife. They give instructions as to how to machine it.

By changing the shape of the bump rubber (cone angle length etc) you can tailor the load deflection curve to suit your precise requirements.

thank you to all who contributed
    Rutgers Formula Racing (05,06,07)
    Vice President

Persistence...
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a p

Hey,

Brining an old thread back, I can't find those Koni Rubbers. I can only find ones for 14mm dampers (shaft dia. I'm guessing) We're running Penske 7800's, (shaft dia ~=3/8 in, 9.5 mm) so they don't seem like they'll work. I don't really want to go with rubber washers, since I would like to already have a curve for me, rather than testing, since I am lazy and our completion deadline is closing in. Any help is awesome!
    J.R.
    University at Buffalo Alum.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

Why do you need them?

To avoid bottoming the chasis while using springs soft enough for good mech. grip (2.5 ish Hz)
    J.R.
    University at Buffalo Alum.
    Safety Wire Team Leader

"Most of the things worth doing in the world had been declared impossible before they were done."
    Louis D. Brandeis

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast