+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams from India

I also have to say big congratulations to Orion Racing! Unfortunately I didn't have the time to have a closer look at the car, but finishing all dynamic events with fair performance is a huge step in the right direction.
    I was already surprised when I saw that they were one of the first teams who finished the scrutineering quiz and so they were in the first group of inspected cars Wednesday morning. A clear sign, the team is well organised and read and understood the rules.
    I talked to the scrutineer who did the tech inspection of the car and he said he was really surprised in a positive way about the car. Only minor issues which could be solved quickly and by the end of the day they already had their tech sticker.
    In the end it is 44. place out of 77. So we can say somewhere in the middle of the field. Quite a lot of European teams behind you
    But after the well deserved party and curing the hangover I hope you will make sure, that this success leads to further development. Try to do the next step. The team who achieved that must try to give the experience to the next team. If you manage to do that all your effort will be worth much more as if you just show that it's possible and then leave.
    Every one of you surely learned a lot during this season. Help the new guys not to start from scratch. If they finish even better than you, it doesn't mean you have to be ashamed about your result or anything. Then you can be really sure that you helped the team to develop in a long term view.
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    2008: Seat and Bodywork
    2009: Team captain

GreenTeam Uni Stuttgart
    2010: Seat and Bodywork / Lamination whore

Formula Student Austria
    2012: Operative Team

A big congrats to Orion Racing.
    You made us all Indians proud.
    Hope you continue with the tradition.

Invitation to Australian Event, Dec 2012

Hi all,

A few of us have been having some discussions behind these boards as to ways we can help new teams learn their way around the ropes of FSAE. It is difficult for a group of us to get to India - but how about a tour/study group coming to us here in Oz?

If you can draw a travelling group together, we at SAE Australasia could offer something like the following:

* Invitation to the event (4 days) - see a serious competition in action, maybe even help out as flag marshals, observe scrutineering, meet competitors, be tutored in mechanical design by some reputable FSAE alumni

* Attend the additional careers & recruitment day and social drive day we are planning for the Monday - a new initiative we are proposing here in Oz - with technical presentations, display cars, feedback sessions from design judges, etc etc. You might even be able to drive one of the Australian FSAE cars, but that depends on a uni making their car available. No promises, but will see what we can do.

* Attend a 2-3 day FSAE design school, where I can teach you the basics of FSAE design, with help from people like Scott Wordley, and maybe some others.
    (I anticipate running the design school on the Wed/Thurs and maybe Fri after the event. For those attending Claude's Optimum G course, but who want to attend the design school too, we will repeat the design school on Saturday and Sunday 15th and 16th of December)

This offer is for anyone interested in learning design principles, with particular emphasis for the design school on assisting new or inexperienced teams.

Anyone interested? Please let me know at geoff_at_sae-a_dot_com_dot_au

Once we have an idea of how many are coming and what topics we need to cover, we can sort out duration of course and costs.

Cheers all,

Geoff
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

FYI

I have attended a Seminar a couple of years ago, and I personally really recommend it. It is a must to seminar for anyone planning to work in the automotive engineering industry, specially if you are involved in a Formula SAE project.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____

3 day Claude Rouelle seminar on 'FS/FSAE Project Management and Basic Vehicle Dynamics'

Dates - 10-12 Sept, just after the Supra SAE competition

Venue - New Delhi (Near the Buddh International Circuit)

Objectives - The 3 main objectives will be to share with students the indispensable fundamentals on

- First day. Project management, team building, goal definition and organization (if you fail to plan you plan to fail) needed to be successful in the FS / FSAE competitions.

- Second day. Basic of vehicle dynamics (understanding the tire, kinematics, weight transfers, calculation and choice of springs, antiroll bars and dampers)

- Third day. How to design, test and develop a Formula student car with a reasonable budget. Testing methodology. Examples and discussions of do and don’t.

Price

Students(Individual) - $250 (USD) / Student

Students(Group > 3) - $200 (USD) / Student

Professional(Individual) - $950 (USD) / Person

Professional(Group > 3) - $800 (USD) / Person

(Otherwise, the normal 3 day seminar is 700 US$ for students and 1850 US$ for professionals.)

A binder of 450 pages will be provided but each participant will be responsible for his own lunch.

Prices will go up by 25% after 30th August (late registration)

Registrations and Queries - rachel.trapp@optimumg.com

Great news! The OptimumG seminar in India at Buddh circuit is ON!

We have received a lot of interest from many students as well as from several professionals from the Indian automotive industry (Tata and ARAI for example) and we are now opening the seminar registrations.

The seminar will occur near the Buddh circuit (address to be confirmed soon) on September 10th, 11th and 12th.

Each participant will receive a 450 pages binder with information on project management and applied vehicle dynamics principles to car design and testing.

For more info OptimumG India Seminar 2012

If you are a professional, the price is 950 US $ per person (800 $ per person for a group of 3 or more). To register go to the OptimumG website http://www.optimumg.com/traini...e-dynamics-seminars/

If you are a student, the price is 250 $ per student (200 $ per student for a group of 3 or more).
    To register and get the student price please send your name, email address, contact details and a copy of your student ID to Rachel Trapp rachel.trap@optimumg.com who will send you a discount code.

Price will go up 25 % after September 5th!

See you at the Budd circuit very soon!
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

I have just attended a similar Seminar to this by Claude in the UK (it didn't include the project management aspects).

all i have to say is that it is EXCELLENT. really informative and opened my eyes to things i had never thought were there despite reading about them more than once! and gained a ton of new information.

Claude is an excellent teacher and presenter and i guarantee that you won't be bored a second. Given that this seminar also has project management aspects it should be even more entertaining and informative than the one i attended.
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

Originally posted by M. Nader:
    I have just attended a similar Seminar to this by Claude in the UK (it didn't include the project management aspects).

all i have to say is that it is EXCELLENT. really informative and opened my eyes to things i had never thought were there despite reading about them more than once! and gained a ton of new information.

Claude is an excellent teacher and presenter and i guarantee that you won't be bored a second. Given that this seminar also has project management aspects it should be even more entertaining and informative than the one i attended.
    Glad you took it. It was great experience.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M. Nader:

Glad you took it. It was great experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you do the same back in 2010?
    Cairo University Racing Team Technical Director 2011-2012
    Tyres and Vehicle dynamics
    Suspension team head 2010

Originally posted by M. Nader:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RollingCamel:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by M. Nader:

Glad you took it. It was great experience. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Did you do the same back in 2010? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

I am not a fan of Facebook post related to FSAE or Formula Student simply because I found the format of discussion lacking substance and the style way too much gossip oriented.

FSAE.com forum is THE #1 resource to use if you want to find information and ask question about ANY FSAE or FS event, team organization, budget, car design, testing etc..

However, as far as learning opportunities for Indian students, what I see on the last post of https://www.facebook.com/groups/286092748756/ is particularly troubling.

My opinions have not changed:
    1. Get away from any organizations which doesn't not have students learning as their number one goal and priority, even more if these organizations have shown incompetence, bureaucracy, indecision and, worse, corruption, in the past. The best way to predict the future is to look at the past.
    2. If the actual organizers do not show any leadership and endlessly delay rules, calendar etc... publication take your live in your own hands.
    3. If you students cannot organize your own competition (as it has been done in several countries) and you still want to "learn by doing" get out of your country and participate to outside India competitions. However if you so do so with a car which has a decent chance a) to pass tech b) finish all 4 dynamic event (At last FS Italy, not one Indian team did either a or b). Follow the example of Orion racing.

If you want to climb out of a hole, the very first thing you must do is stop digging…

One more request to Indian students.... In your posts, please do not mix SAE, FSAE or any Formula Students with Supra or SAE India, or FSAE India. Not the same people, not the same proven records.
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 60 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 ... LastLast