+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams from India

Originally posted by anky_greasemonkey:
    e r u the srinivas frm pune?
    Dear god what does that even say? This is an English language forum you could at least try to use proper language.

Hello people, is it true that FSAE India 2011 has been changed to a virtual event and that we wont be having an endurance race?

and why don't we have a separate website for FSAE India and why are the dates of registration not put up?
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength

itz clr 4u2c dat 4130 iz rly gud 4 fsae bc u got so mny dif size dia n wall.

I guess we need to stop posting sarcastic replies .
    It's a waste of time for both the reader and the one who wrote it.
    If these kind of "smsese" posts have to be stopped,then something has to be done at the fundamental level,when registering.

~~Ignorance is the best punishment~~
    Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength

If there are filters for posting URL's, could there be filters for any post using " u " or " r " or " rly "?

Or the sarcastic replies could continue. I've got to say, I really enjoy the sarcastic replies.
    University of Texas 2002 & 2003
    University of Houston 2007

Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

Hello everyone,

FSAE India 2011 is confirmed. But it has been delayed by 5 months more and now it would be held in the first week of July 2011( 1,2 & 3rd July 2001). The event is delayed to give maximum chance to new teams from India to develop a good fsae car. Many workshops are to be conducted along the way too.[LIST] <LI> The First Workshop is by Mr. Claude Rouelle in March( A very experienced and importnat judge for FSAE india 2011). for more information log on to http://www.claudeseminar.weebly.com/
    <LI> FSAE India website is under construction since January.... and nobody knows when it would be put up!... So temporarily all the information is available at FSAE INDIA 2011 facebook page
    <LI> Since FSAE India will be held for the first time, hence the Endurance event will only be confirmed after The first driver's test in July and Car design Inspections in October( similar to the procedure when the first BAJA SAE India was organised in 2007). So Guys we really need to impress the judges ( especially Mr. Claude) by presenting a SAFE and FSAE rules compliant design by October, otherwise they won't allow the endurance event!!!
    <LI> Some more details of the event
    Registration Starts from 17th march 2010 and ends on 15th April 2010. Registration fees are Rs. 50,000/- preliminary Registration fees is 10,000 which should be paid on or before 15th April 2010. From 1st july to 31st july there will be a training of driver. 3 drivers from each team must undergo the training. After passing the driver’s test team should pay 25,000. In October Scrutiny will be conducted similar to Baja, n judges will decide if endurance will take place or not
    <LI> For more information contact

Mr. Yogesh Nagendiran
    Vice chairman( SS), SEC, SAEINDIA & Organizer Formula SAEINDIA
    Email-Yogeshbe@yahoo.com
    [ Do disturb him, he's our official representative ]

So best of Luck Everyone. And Lets make a good effort for FSAE INDIA 2011 and show the 'experienced world' that we don't need to be treated as "teams from India".

- Turam

Originally posted by The_Man:

I say this because just last year a fellow tried to sell to me a 1.5mm thick steel tube as 1.6mm saying "chalta hai, mera garentee hai nahi tuutega". When I refused he said "Ok I have one in my warehouse" he came back after 10 mins with a pipe and showed us the 1.6mm thickness on his vernier.

Another thing I personally suggest is that if it is your first attempt at a FSAE car then its a good idea to go with regular steel. You will spend less time looking for material and more time using it. Also, your first car will cause you to change designs mid way, that way you might need more material later and moreover will have to go welding multiple times. Remember you will have to heat treat after every weld. Its not worth the slight weight advantage that you gain.
    not exactly same experience , but sure couple of similar experience in bangalore too. I would suggest you to go for a dealer recommended by some industry/manufacturing place to you and YES, carry your own Vernier.

Regular steel please, atleast for initial couple of years ...
    06, 07, 08 - Ashwa Racing (R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore)
    09 - Rennstall (University of Applied Sciences, Esslingen)
    10,11 - Red Shirt / Scrutineer (FSG, Hockenheim)

Originally posted by vandit:
    Regular steel please, atleast for initial couple of years ...
    We're using mild steel on our 16th car...
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

Anybody willing to share--

Q.1 how much does your team has to shell out to take the car out of country ?
    (For us, if we airlift both ways then it easily touches 2-3 lacs, may be more depends upon the 'rishwat' to agent)

Q.2 Who all ship their cars ? Anybody had bad experiences in shipping or customs ? How much do you save by shipping ?
    (In 2009, we shipped our car from Competition (FSAE Italy) to home, it took 1 month or more to get it back and the car was badly rusted. The corrosion can definitely be avoided with good packing. No major issues at port.)

Q.3 What kind of box do you use to transport your car?. Does anyone have Metal box ? How much does it costs for you to make a box?
    (So far we have been using Custom made wood box with all the required disinfection treatment and certification but it does cost something every year to us and it does not last more than one competition.)

Q.4 Do you guys have to transport dissassembled car or they allow you to put complete car inside ? (Of course, the wheels are meant to be off). Do you have to put your engine in another separate box or they allow you to have it on your car ?

Q.5 When you open your box at event, do you find it in similar way as you packed it or is it easily visible that the box lid was taken off and the stuff was examined in a bad manner? (We have had mixed experiences and i understand that sniffer dogs have to spend lot of time in box to check for stuff but i am wondering does your body work also gets damaged sometimes ?)
    06, 07, 08 - Ashwa Racing (R.V. College of Engineering, Bangalore)
    09 - Rennstall (University of Applied Sciences, Esslingen)
    10,11 - Red Shirt / Scrutineer (FSG, Hockenheim)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 60 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast