+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast

Thread: Teams from India

To the guys from India.

Unless you already have noticed... "from the fitting of rims into the tyres" and another similar thread examples...

Until, as mentioned, " you put your brain in gear" before asking.... the mocking answers will be at the level of most of your questions.

Please use a minimum of critical thinking.

This is an exchange forum. What do you bring to the table beside your "plz help urgent I need U to tell me now". Where is the intellectual curiosity and the challenge that will entice other forum users to answer you?
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

Budget estimation

hello guys,

I am a B.tech student from IIT Rajasthan and we guys are aspiring for FS-UK for the first time. One of the main issue we are facing out is to get an idea of the budget!
    we are in a process where we need to show the budget estimation to our potential sponsors and since most of the sources are providing the budget details in $, it is hard to recognize the actual costs of different parts.
    it would be kind enough if anyone could help us in provinding the budget estimation in Indian currency

Thank You

@vasu,

Please specify which part you are not able to find the cost of ? or is it for the logistics ? If you mention the name of the imported part that you are planning to buy, then someone who has bought it earlier can help you out.

Your question is a quite vague right now for anyone to help you.
    Pradeep V. Pandurangi

DUT Racing Team, TU Delft
    2013: Chassis engineer
    www.dutracing.nl

Formula Manipal, Manipal University
    2010: Team Leader
    2009: Engine team
    http://www.formulamanipal.in

Quote Originally Posted by vasu goenka View Post
    hello guys,

I am a B.tech student from IIT Rajasthan and we guys are aspiring for FS-UK for the first time. One of the main issue we are facing out is to get an idea of the budget!
    we are in a process where we need to show the budget estimation to our potential sponsors and since most of the sources are providing the budget details in $, it is hard to recognize the actual costs of different parts.
    it would be kind enough if anyone could help us in provinding the budget estimation in Indian currency

Thank You
    For an average car made in your own workshop, you need at least INR 14,00,000. Distributed as INR 10,00,000 for manufacturing car and INR 4,00,000 logistics to uk.
    Last edited by happypranav; 09-03-2013 at 08:49 AM.
    Pranav Shinde
    Pune University
    India

Once again...

Once again we have a post which is in "the give me the solution" style.

What about a post like "This is the description of our first estimate ofr a budget and you describes the different aspects of expenses: parts buying, manufacturing, shipping etc...." than ask what the readers of this forum what they think is sensible or not for each of the lines.

If somebody tells you that you need a budget of 5 K$ or 20 K$ or 100 K$ then what....? How is that money spent?

Also this is an international forum; only a few people know what a lakh is.

What I can tell you about your budget estimation is that there is a lakh of critical thinking
    Claude Rouelle
    OptimumG president
    Vehicle Dynamics & Race Car Engineering
    Training / Consulting / Simulation Software
    FS & FSAE design judge USA / Canada / UK / Germany / Spain / Italy / China / Brazil / Australia
    [url]www.optimumg.com[/u

@happypranav: How can you can say that Rs.10 lakhs is enough for the car? It depends on which components are being bought - engine, differential, dampers etc. A car with RE engine and Indian components can be made easily within 10 lakhs. Whereas if you choose more imported components - the cost will increase to MUCH more than 10 lakhs.

One thing is for sure, only buying 'imported' components will not make you car go any faster.

I agree that transport to UK is around Rs.4 lakhs.

Few important thing that many Indian teams forget to include in the budget are:
    1) Camping equipment- camping tents, big team tents, chairs, tables, lights etc.
    2) Stuff for the pits - banners , flooring, etc.
    3) Testing cost - tires, fuel, engine oil

Anyway, money is never enough...
    Pradeep V. Pandurangi

DUT Racing Team, TU Delft
    2013: Chassis engineer
    www.dutracing.nl

Formula Manipal, Manipal University
    2010: Team Leader
    2009: Engine team
    http://www.formulamanipal.in

Pradeep

That is why I said average car for first year team. As you know question asked was very vague.
    Yes, what you concluded is very right.
    Pranav Shinde
    Pune University
    India

"Anyway, money is never enough..."

I worry about statements like the above. I've worked with low budgets before, but resisted the urge to think like that. Under $5k? That is a problem. Under $10k - difficult, but less of a problem. Over $10k, you have enough money to build something that works - anything higher spec is your decision and your responsibility

As a manager you must look at the above in two ways:
    1. We don't have much money - how do we get more?
    2. We don't have much money - what can we achieve with the money we have?

In between these two principles is a happy medium where you plan a project that is achievable, but which can be supplemented with more funds as they become available.

Obsession with getting more money leads to a design ethic of wishful thinking and overcommitment. Design a project that is within your resources first, and build from there.
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

Where can we purchase the master switches in india...?? I have tried finding but couldnt find any reliable source.
    Would be glad if someone could provide some info

thanks

maybe we need to have a question "form" here...as follows:

Hi my name is _______ and I am a __ year student at __________ university.

I've been working on ________ and its application to _________.

When trying to find ________ I ran into a problem with ________.

I also looked at these resources:
    a)___________
    b)___________
    ...(etc)

from which I was able to find ___________. [OR] from which i could not find any more information on _______ but I did find _____.

[may also need]

My problem that I'm running into is ______.

Do you guys have any other suggestions for ____________?

Example:

Hi my name is __Sachin_____ and I am a _2nd_ year student at ____India___ university.

I've been working on __finding a kill switch______ and its application to __the required rule_______.

When trying to find ____the kill switch____ I ran into a problem with ___availability in india_____.

I also looked at these resources:
    a)___jegs________
    b)___summit racing________
    c) local parts stores
    d) McMaster Carr
    e) ebay
    f) other teams
    from which I was able to find __several options that I like __. [OR] from which i could not find any more information on _______ but I did find _____.

[may also need]

My problem that I'm running into is ___the shipping costs are outrageous or most companies do not ship to india____.

Do you guys have any other suggestions for __places to buy a kill switch or other electrical supplies_______?

This helps show that you've actually looked at a few options and have put thought into the question at hand. Also helps when we're giving solutions not to give things you've already tried.
    South Dakota State University Alum
    Electrical/Daq/Engine/Drivetrain/Tire guy '09-'14

Go big, Go blue, Go JACKS!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 60 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 ... LastLast