+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Swift wind tunnel - rolling road for sale

A good friend of mine in the bicycle business recently purchased the Swift wind tunnel (San Clemente, CA, USA) at auction. His plans are to use major parts to build a bicycle-specific tunnel.

He does not need the Swift Rolling Road (moving ground plane) assembly. The original tunnel was called "40%" scale, relative to an open wheel race car and the working area of the flat belt is approximately 6 feet wide x 12 feet long. I believe the belt could be used well over 100 mph. Perfect for testing your ground effect FSAE car--just add the rest of the wind tunnel! It comes with all the bits to run it, as well as the vacuum plumbing to suck down on the bottom of the belt. The auction site has some pictures and a rough inventory,
    http://bidopia.auctionflex.com...LotInAuction&lang=En

If you or your organization (for-profit or non-profit/university) are seriously interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the new owner.
    doug . milliken at gmail . com

A good friend of mine in the bicycle business recently purchased the Swift wind tunnel (San Clemente, CA, USA) at auction. His plans are to use major parts to build a bicycle-specific tunnel.

He does not need the Swift Rolling Road (moving ground plane) assembly. The original tunnel was called "40%" scale, relative to an open wheel race car and the working area of the flat belt is approximately 6 feet wide x 12 feet long. I believe the belt could be used well over 100 mph. Perfect for testing your ground effect FSAE car--just add the rest of the wind tunnel! It comes with all the bits to run it, as well as the vacuum plumbing to suck down on the bottom of the belt. The auction site has some pictures and a rough inventory,
    http://bidopia.auctionflex.com...LotInAuction&lang=En

If you or your organization (for-profit or non-profit/university) are seriously interested, contact me and I'll put you in touch with the new owner.
    doug . milliken at gmail . com

+ Reply to Thread