+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Delft rollout

As the team is too busy preparing for England, I'll do the showing off for them :-)
    Pictures of the new car are at http://www.dutracing.nl/ under pictures 2004 / rollout.
    Man, that Lehigh car was heavy.....

Igor

Wow, by no means will am I trying to knock the car but its very suprising how much the driver is exposed. By far the most open cockpit FSAE car I've ever seen. Almost like a kart. Also impressive that you can get decent torsional rigidity with the very thin center section. If it were a space frame I'd say it was too 'floppy' but I'm no carbon expert.

Would love to see more pics: I'm sure there are many unusal and impressivve bits for the car to be so light. But I know you guys are busy.
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

I especially like the kapton firewall. That has got to be the most expensive firewall in the history of amateur racing. At least it would be if they would have paid for it

Igor
    Delft alum

Super light car. I am also a little surprised about how open the driver is and amazed if the chassis is stiff enough with that very small cross section.

One thing I will be keeping an eye on is the performance of those Le Cont tires. I am sure they are light, the 10" tires have only a 16.5" OD so there is a lot less rubber there than the common tires.

Best of luck.

+ Reply to Thread