+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Cost Report

Two questions about the cost report:

How is everyone coming along? Has everyone started, and if so, is anyone done yet?

Secondly, I'm curious to know what the lowest cost was last year. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks everyone and good luck getting the cost report done!
    Eric Boettner
    Business Manager
    Clemson FSAE
    Eboettn@Clemson.edu

"Champions don't talk, they perform."
    "Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare!!"

Two questions about the cost report:

How is everyone coming along? Has everyone started, and if so, is anyone done yet?

Secondly, I'm curious to know what the lowest cost was last year. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks everyone and good luck getting the cost report done!
    Eric Boettner
    Business Manager
    Clemson FSAE
    Eboettn@Clemson.edu

"Champions don't talk, they perform."
    "Everyone wants to win, few want to prepare!!"

I am about 3/4 done (All suspension, Chassis, and wheel assemblies)...and sooooo sick of it. I really find it difficult to try to account for as much as there is. Trying to remember what sizes you need to drill out with first to tap or counterbore, wich fasteners you use and do they have nuts, safety wire, washers, etc...

I havent figured out the lowest cost last year, but if you have your cost sheet from last year just back - calculate from the formula listed. I wish I had our score in that section here, then I could calculate it for you.

Brent
    University of Calgary
    2001-2004

I am pretty sure the low cost last year was just under $9,500. I am not sure what team this was but Michigan State won the Cost competition last year with 96.36 points out of 100, so they must have been pretty close to this minimum price.

Our cost report is 90% done, and our car is 75% done.
    As a first year team I want to say this: the cost report blows.
    Ethan Lessard
    Design Engineer
    Sigarms Inc

Team Captain Car 36 (2004)

UNH Precision Racing
    www.unh.edu/fsae

As a 14th year team I want to say this: the cost report blows!

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">As a fourth year team....</span>
    Has anybody gone crazy yet? I think the guy who is heading up our cost report will be in serious need of a beer or ten by time he gets it sent off.

Actually Luke is doing pretty well considering the guy who headed it up last year went from , progressed through and finally to . And that was in a good hour.
    Sam Zimmerman

Vandals Racing alum

so at the comp last year...

im chatting to the cost judge, trying to be friendly and funny.

and i start hinting that "this event blows"..

i eventually ask him "how did you draw the short straw... and end up being a cost judge"

he replies.. "this is what i do all day at Mitsubishi"

we didn't get a very good mark

Hey to all,

How much fun is the cost report...

Just have a question. I am in charge of the suspension area and not too sure how to do it. Take and A arm for example, it consists of a spherical bearing house, pull rod attachment, tubes, circlip, bearing and the top and bottom arms have different rod end attachments. Do do a process description for the whole A arm or do i break it down into all of the sub components, i.e. bearing housing etc and then put in an assembly price for the whole control arm? I am sorry but i am quite confused. Maybe it is really obvious and i am just bamboozled.

Cheers in anticipation

Olly
    Olly

Academy Racing 04-07, 09-11
    UNSW@ADFA

Oz - you've started your cost report already? Which is your first competition? I'm in charge of all of the administrative stuff for our team and I am on track to start it next semester...
    Gabi

2007 U-M FSAE MRacing
    Admin Group leader
    2008 VIR Presentation Judge and Skid Pad Assistant Captain
    2009 VIR Presentation Judge and Skid Pad Co-captain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast