+ Reply to Thread

Thread: oiling system check

have any one checked for his dry sump oiling system i want to know his data ????
    my engine is "GXSR 600-07"
    -oil temp from engine and to engine
    -oil pressure with every rpm ???????important (idle, full load)
    -in case of dry sump system how much oil to use (in tank +inside engine )
    -dry sump pump pressure must be??????
    -in case of accusump what is the min pressure and the max pressure to adjust it on .

have any one checked for his dry sump oiling system i want to know his data ????
    my engine is "GXSR 600-07"
    -oil temp from engine and to engine
    -oil pressure with every rpm ???????important (idle, full load)
    -in case of dry sump system how much oil to use (in tank +inside engine )
    -dry sump pump pressure must be??????
    -in case of accusump what is the min pressure and the max pressure to adjust it on .

- Depends on your application. Measure it.
    - Measure it. Or, for a first reference, read the GSXR 600 manual.
    - Read the manual for a first reference (how much oil is in the stock oil pan / inside the engine). Then think about the advantages / disadvantages of having more or less oil.
    - Not a serious question?! More important might be the flow rate and number of stages, among other things...
    - Take a look at your measurements from #2 and think about it.
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

We run our oil up to 115C. I consider over 60C to be warm, and up to 120C is fine. Once you go over 120C, it will degrade rapidly, or so the man I rang up at Castrol said. At 160C, it will degrade VERY quickly. SO the answer depends on how often you change your oil we change ours every day of dyno/track, so maybe 2-3 hours max.

Stock CBR600RR says it uses 2.6-3.5L. We fill our dry sump with about 3L, and the oil tank holds about 1.5L. More is safer, as less likely to run out under accel (as it takes time for the oil to return to the oil tank) or noise test.

Scavenge pumps are positive displacement, so only need to move oil from the sump to the tank. We've used paceproducts (gearrotor) and Dailey Engineering (roots blower).

MUR 2011: Oil Pressure vs RPM
    Rex Chan
    MUR Motorsports (The University of Melbourne)
    2009 - 2012: Engine team and MoTeC Data acquisition+wiring+sensors
    2013 - 2014: Engine team alumni and FSAE-A/FStotal fb page admin/contributer

r.chan|||murmotorsports.com
    rexnathanchan|||gmail.com

thanks a lot for replying to me
    we are going to use a 3 staged pump the main problem is that i am afraid that pressure increases so much thus leakage occur and also i want to design an accusump so i want to know the ideal pressure for the system.

The scavenge pump just moves oil into the oil tank, which gravity feeds the internal oil pressure pump.

Maybe you're mis-interpreting what a 3-stage pump does: it has 3 seperate inlets that moves oil from 3 pickups, along 3 oil lines, into the atmospheric vented oil tank. No pressure buildup.

More stages = more oil pickups in the sump; not more pressure.

There exists an internal pressure relief valve that will prevent oil pressure from going over 5.5-6 bar: basically a spring loaded valve that opens fully at 6bar or so.
    Rex Chan
    MUR Motorsports (The University of Melbourne)
    2009 - 2012: Engine team and MoTeC Data acquisition+wiring+sensors
    2013 - 2014: Engine team alumni and FSAE-A/FStotal fb page admin/contributer

r.chan|||murmotorsports.com
    rexnathanchan|||gmail.com

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by sherif bakr:
    thanks a lot for replying to me
    we are going to use a 3 staged pump the main problem is that i am afraid that pressure increases so much thus leakage occur and also i want to design an accusump so i want to know the ideal pressure for the system. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    As Rex Chan said, there is no (positive) pressure buildup, your 3 pumps just pump the oil into the (vented) tank. Or do you mean negative pressure in the crankcase?

Also, why do you want to use a dry sump system AND an accusump? With a working dry sump system, you won't need it - or do I miss something?
    Jan Dressler
    07 - 09 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team
    09 - 10 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: Engine & Drivetrain Team Leader
    10 - 13 High Speed Karlsruhe / UAS Karlsruhe: hanging around & annoying the team with random FSAE wisdom
    13 - ?? Gätmo Motorsport

+ Reply to Thread