+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Innapropriate Requests

Sorry,
    forgot the rest of my post.

Even if we post the "Appropriate Use of These Forums", someone would have to read it. I suppose this presents the same problem that we have all over the forum.

Bill

mad props to johhnycowboy for the correct use of the word 'occident' in a sentence.
    "I couldn't find the sportscar of my dreams, so I built it myself" -Ferdinand Porsche

I confess, I had no idea what he was saying...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occident

I think Bill K has hit the nail on the head.

Originally posted by KU_Racing:
    mad props to johhnycowboy for the correct use of the word 'occident' in a sentence.

So we're right wing french radicals now?
    ok, Mort aux Bolches!
    Kory Smith
    University of Toledo Rocket Motorsports
    Hankook Tire ATC

haha
    well I didnt know wikipedia has that kind of definition for 'occident' but I used it defining us in the western world including North America and Europe...
    as for the french, 'je suis demi francais alors j'imagines que je peux dire ce que je veux, calisse!' hehe

I hear ya pat, ive had heaps of emails in the last 6 months or so from different teams. Things like "we've chosen an engine and have decided to build a spaceframe.....do you know how we should design the steering, suspension, brakes and drivline?" I'm more than happy to share experiences and help out others if they have particular questions but cant design their car for them!

Ash

Originally posted by Andycostin:
    Pat,
    We(Swinburne team email) have had a few emails from India in the past month or so (prob about half a dozen). None from anywhere else, but they were quite simple questions - kind of annoying when trying to filter through official sponsor mail and such.

Yeah, a little nouse would go a LONG way....

Well none of us here want to cause any annoyance to anyone. My suggestion is to create separate discussion forum for new members. Those who dont get annoyed may go over there and answer the quiries.

Originally posted by ben:
    I think it might help if a basic introduction to each area of the car could be posted somewhere with links to appropriate suppliers.

In the end you're saying go and read Carroll's books and Milliken, etc, etc. These references exist because someone was gracious enough to put their hard earned knowledge and experience down on paper. If one or two of us did the same we could maybe help the whole competition?

Pat's done it with his tech advice you can download from various locations and many of us like myself do it my volunteering to judge.

Just a thought.

Ben
    i'm agree with u.

it's easier to build the second car as most of members in this forum did (correct me if i'm wrong).you all hv a wider choice than us.u could refer to your senior..to your previous car,but for the first timer like me....hmm

Originally posted by geniousanurag:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andycostin:
    Pat,
    We(Swinburne team email) have had a few emails from India in the past month or so (prob about half a dozen). None from anywhere else, but they were quite simple questions - kind of annoying when trying to filter through official sponsor mail and such.

Yeah, a little nouse would go a LONG way....

Well none of us here want to cause any annoyance to anyone. My suggestion is to create separate discussion forum for new members. Those who dont get annoyed may go over there and answer the quiries. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    yeah i'm strongly behind you.by the way,you are doing in what part???i'm in fuel tank..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast