+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Agianst the rules?

Can a student be a member and a sponsor at the same time? We have a guy that is full time at UAA, AND he owns his own welding business. From what I here he is the best welder in town. So is this okay?

Erin Urvina
    University of Alaska Anchorage

Can a student be a member and a sponsor at the same time? We have a guy that is full time at UAA, AND he owns his own welding business. From what I here he is the best welder in town. So is this okay?

Erin Urvina
    University of Alaska Anchorage

doesn't say where the budget for teams has to come from, it just says that competitors have to be full time students.
    Mike Miles
    Carnegie Mellon SAE/Carnegie Mellon Racing -- Formula SAE 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006

errr....

there's nothing about "full time" in the rules

we all sponsor our car with out of pocket money when we need parts and dont have the funds.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Yea, I've "sponsored" about $1,000 worth of parts on our cars over the years... amazing how it all adds up.
    Engineers aren't boring people, we just get excited about boring things.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tony K:
    Yea, I've "sponsored" about $1,000 worth of parts on our cars over the years... amazing how it all adds up. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    ROFL...several of us on our team has...some more than others...
    Micah McMahan
    Red Bull Powertrains Performance Design Team Leader
    3MI Racing LLC Owner/Engineer
    Former MSI Defense Solutions - Sr. Design Engineer/Project Manager
    Former Roush Yates Engines - Sr. Design & Analysis Engineer
    ODU FSAE 04 member, 05 controls leader, 06 control/ergo/brakes leader, 07 brakes/MC22 turbo engine/Asst Team Leader

From what I remember, you can have your chassis welded up by an outside source if no one on your team has the ability. It just may be preferred if you had a student do it?

Justin Foote
    WWU FSAE
    2001 - 2005

+ Reply to Thread