+ Reply to Thread

Thread: OLD FORMULA CAR SELL OR LEASE!

Our rookie team at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, is diffinately interest in ANYONE'S old forumla cars.

No one on campus has ANY experience building a formula car. We're starting from scratch and having a car to train drivers, get ideas and MOST IMPORTANTLY, have around to raise FUNDS would be invaluable!(not exactly invaluable, we are a new team and have near zero dollars)

The short term bennefits would be great enough that our team would also be interested in LEASING a car for 9-10 months.

Contact Us

dave@trojahn.com
    Dave Trojahn
    Team Leader
    Formula SIUE

Our rookie team at Southern Illinois University Edwardsville, is diffinately interest in ANYONE'S old forumla cars.

No one on campus has ANY experience building a formula car. We're starting from scratch and having a car to train drivers, get ideas and MOST IMPORTANTLY, have around to raise FUNDS would be invaluable!(not exactly invaluable, we are a new team and have near zero dollars)

The short term bennefits would be great enough that our team would also be interested in LEASING a car for 9-10 months.

Contact Us

dave@trojahn.com
    Dave Trojahn
    Team Leader
    Formula SIUE

The University of Missouri - Columbia team just recently listed their 2002 Formula SAE car on Ebay. It has a Kawasaki ZX-6R engine. The listing can be viewed here:

UMC Car 2 2002

If you have any questions just email me (tsjgf4@mizzou.edu).

Tyler Jackson
    Mizzou Racing

damn, I would pay 3500 for a fsae car!
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Im new to this, however it seems that alot of the old people wouldn't want to sell the car to anyone, cause they get attached to it. Thats a summary of what I heard during the only conversation i've ever been in about it. I think they were throwing around the idea of selling it to a graduating guy. who knows, we're too busy now to worry about it anyway it seems. Its probably along the lines of our rule that you can't drive the car unless you build it. I know I wouldn't want anyone to have something that I put my hard work into. (Anyone else feel that way?)

Im not saying buying a car is wrong, this is more of just something interesting. If you find someone who's willing to part with thier car then go for it. Good luck.

Andrew
    RU

+ Reply to Thread