+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: one or two radiator??

hi people, i have a question about the radiator. I have turbo gt12 and yamaha r6 engine. what do you recommend to me?? i think two radiator plumb in paralel, but it have a drawbacks.

hi people, i have a question about the radiator. I have turbo gt12 and yamaha r6 engine. what do you recommend to me?? i think two radiator plumb in paralel, but it have a drawbacks.

Exactly.
    Michigan State University Driveline Since 2005

I would recommend either one radiator, two radiators in parallel, or two radiators in series. Each has drawbacks, each has benefits, I've run all three with complete satisfaction and success, and all three yield to correct design.

It's less about how many and how you hook them up than it is satisfying the application requirement. Which usually has far more to do with packaging than it does cooling. Cooling is easy, packaging is hard.

Brian

another option is one radiator for the engine, and one small radiator for turbo gt12, what do you think about that??

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">another option is one radiator for the engine, and one small radiator for turbo gt12, what do you think about that?? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then you have to run two water pumps
    Karl Jensen
    Oregon State University FSAE
    Engine Team
    http://www.beaverracing.org

yes civicsit, that's true, but my question is, the best recomendation of this option, one, two parallel?? two independent?

http://fsae.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/125607348/m/48910516...10516131#48910516131

The only reason to cool the center housing is if you're coking the bearings... and even then you hardly need any water (on shutdown) to prevent the coking. The lubricating oil does most of the cooling for a turbo's rotating assembly. Don't make this more complicated than you have to.

Keep your system as SIMPLE and elegant as you can. You'll end up with a more robust solution and you will also score more points at comp (design, cost, lighter car, etc).

-Kirk

thanks kirk, then you say to me that it puts a single radiator??? only for the engine, and intercooler for the turbo gt12??

That's for you to decide.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast