+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Status 2013

Originally posted by jlangholzj:
    My sparky stuff got ordered this last week and so far, telemetry looks good! get about 70m reception LOS with the puny antenna that are on the card....thats going to change soon!
    What box are you using?
    Daniel Wageman
    University of Washington FSAE
    Team 19: Chassis/Data Acq
    Team 20: Data Acq Lead
    Team 21: Engine, Power Package
    Team 22-24: Technical Director

Originally posted by DanielH:
    After a few years of shaky team organisation and overly complicated systems, we decided to completely redesign the car and the team. We went from a cf monocoque with an Aprilia SXV and pneumatic shifting to a steel spaceframe, single cylinder BRP DS450(local company) and a mechanical shifter.
    Daniel,

How much would your team like for the monocoque molds?

-CPK
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

Originally posted by wagemd:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jlangholzj:
    My sparky stuff got ordered this last week and so far, telemetry looks good! get about 70m reception LOS with the puny antenna that are on the card....thats going to change soon!
    What box are you using? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

home-made solution. We're using the microchip dev. platform with a 32bit MCU. Decided to go with a DSP micro for filtering capabilities. CAN transceiver will update registers that get sent in packets to the receive side. After the development's done I'll get a PCB made up and we'll have a complete box for it.

we decided to go with 868Mhz range instead of 2.4Ghz for LOS help. The longer wavelength should give us some added leeway. The nice thing about the system is the 2.4Ghz card is a direct replacement (with some minor code changes) so we may play with that a little bit before final production. Would have liked to go with 433Mhz but the dipole is just so huge unless you go to a 1/4wavelength antenna.

Could have used a "plug-n-play" box but I wanted to do the CAN development for possible use of digital sensors on the car feeding into our Daq unit as well.
    South Dakota State University Alum
    Electrical/Daq/Engine/Drivetrain/Tire guy '09-'14

Go big, Go blue, Go JACKS!

UCF checking in again - Chassis is fully welded, engine is in the car, A-arms are being bonded, Diff and suspension parts are on the CNC, wiring harness is 50%, and we've got a bunch of tabs and little mounting bits for new members to work on. Its going to be a crazy couple of weeks!
    Stephen Rodi
    University of Central Florida
    Formula Team Leader

Mississippi State here,

We are finishing up design. Ordering parts out now. Was supposed to have our chassis in town by now ( and materails for suspension ) but are getting tossed around by a supplier
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Ravens Racing (Carleton) here. Bet you haven't heard from us in a while. The FSAE team design is still going we had to recruit alot more volunteers and project leads. Should be done soon with structures going to ship out designs hopefully in November. We are late to the design phase trying to get everyone up to speed.

We are working with our Hybrid team to ease the load on the new members =D. Hurra two cars!
    My views, thoughts and wording do not reflect those of Carleton University in any way, shape or form.
    "The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will." - Vince Lombardi

CU FS Ravens Racing - Powertrain Dev. 2014
    CU FS Ravens Racing - Team Lead/Tooling 2013/2014
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead/Structures/Manufacturing 2012/2013
    CU FSAE Ravens Racing (Volunteer Team) - Team Lead 2011/2012

Charles,

Unfortunately we chopped them up and got rid of them about 4 months ago. Also, I don't know if ethically i would sell monocoque molds. I would have a hard time selling part or our design.
    Daniel
    Formula SAE
    Montreal Polytechnique 2009-present
    Cost guy 2011-present
    Rules guy 2012-present
    Secretary 2013-present
    Assistant Director 2014-2015

Well, 2012 is almost over and the world hasn't ended (Because Racecar).

We froze our design at the end of November and have acquired almost all of our stock, outsourced a few of the big parts, and have the outer facesheets done. Just waiting on honeycomb to arrive - we had to purchase this year as Hexcel (about an hour away from us) is completely swamped with aerospace requests.

Many members have been making smaller parts in the shop over break when they need a few minutes away from family
    Daniel Wageman

Montana State Univ checking in and we're on 2/3's build now. Just little stuff, like engine placement, ergo, aero, suspension, etc...

Anyone done with their cars? I believe Missouri S&T just had their first drive... Others?

As for us, we've got both chassis halves done which will be bonded together this weekend. After that its assembly as usual.
    Daniel Wageman

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast