+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Status 2013

Well, its that time of year again, how are your vehicles coming along?
    Daniel Wageman
    University of Washington FSAE
    Team 19: Chassis/Data Acq
    Team 20: Data Acq Lead
    Team 21: Engine, Power Package
    Team 22-24: Technical Director

Mississippi State University reporting here. We finalized chassis design on Sunday. Working to finish the rest of our design in the next 2 weeks. Will send out for laser cutting tubes as soon as the rules come out!

Unfortunately we are battling with the university on workspace at the moment. We got thrown out of a large room we were using last year for keeping our cars and working in on the weekend due to the ME department needing lab space. Working on securing a workspace at the moment!
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Originally posted by Dash:
    Mississippi State University reporting here. We finalized chassis design on Sunday. Working to finish the rest of our design in the next 2 weeks. Will send out for laser cutting tubes as soon as the rules come out!

Unfortunately we are battling with the university on workspace at the moment. We got thrown out of a large room we were using last year for keeping our cars and working in on the weekend due to the ME department needing lab space. Working on securing a workspace at the moment!
    that blows...seems like half the hurdle at times are getting around all the red tape.

We're right up there as well, working on frame finalization and suspension mods within the next couple weeks. Still doing some testing and driver training currently. I'd like to see some parts in another month but we're gonna hash out the final gantt chart thursday. Anyone doing anything awesome/new? I finally picked up another couple EE's for the team so I don't have to do EVERYTHING I'm hoping my other SR member can help get telemetry on the car this year and/or custom CAN sensors.
    South Dakota State University Alum
    Electrical/Daq/Engine/Drivetrain/Tire guy '09-'14

Go big, Go blue, Go JACKS!

Texas A&M hasn't ruled out building a car out of scrap tubes from previous years with an engine from Harbor Freight. We've got about 78 cents in the kitty and everyone either graduated or is going to this winter.
    Charles Kaneb
    Magna International
    FSAE Lincoln Design Judge - Frame/Body/Link judging area. Not a professional vehicle dynamicist.

We're getting tubes in tomorrow, with chassis build to start immediately following.
    Any views or opinions expressed by me may in no way reflect those of Stewart-Haas Racing, Kettering University, or their employees, students, administrators or sponsors.

We are working on finishing suspension design, with the chassis closely following. Aiming for a rolling car by Christmas break.

Texas A&M hasn't ruled out building a car out of scrap tubes from previous years with an engine from Harbor Freight.
    That might actually be a pretty good design strategy. If you have some enthusiasm and a good direction for your team.

We are currently still in our design phase, although we should have our frame design figured in a couple days, and also the suspension geometry/designs for the most part ready to make. It is kind of hard to put everything into 2013 when there are still off-season events to come.
    University of Waterloo Formula Motorsports Alumni
    http://www.uwfsae.ca/

At the end of the summer we had 3 members, and after these first 2 weeks of recruitment, we have managed to gain around 30 regulars! If we could even keep 10 of these guys, we would be set, and 6 of them have already stepped up as design leads to finish what the Lead Engineer and I have been working on alone for the past year:

<LI> Suspension design is final.
    <LI> Frame is final.
    <LI> Brakes, Aero, Centerlock wheels, and Special CF+core sandwich material are all a go, still in development.

I'm so excited. A few months ago I never thought that things were really going to turn around, but I thought I knew what needed to happen to turn it around and it worked. My face hurts from smiling, and I'm still getting used to guys walking up to me on campus and telling me they finished what we assigned them.
    Tennessee Tech Motorsports
    Project Manager
    facebook.com/TTU.Motorsports

Frame and suspension design finalized. Building frame currently. The rest of the components are still in design phase.

ODU FSAE
    Team Lead
    ODU Formula SAE

AMZ Racing (ETH Zürich) will have the kick-off meeting for the new car with the new team members this Sunday (September 16).

Bye
    Yannick
    ---
    Alumnus
    AMZ Racing
    ETH Zürich

2011 Chassis / Electric Motor
    2012 Electric Motor
    2013 Electric Motor

2014 FSA E-Scrutineer & Engineering Design Judge
    2015 FSG E-Scrutineer

+ Reply to Thread