+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Master cylinder's rule

for rule number T7.1.1.. It states that

"It must have two (2) independent hydraulic circuits such that in the case of a leak or failure at any point in the system, effective braking power is maintained on at least two (2) wheels. Each hydraulic circuit must have its own fluid reserve, either by the use of separate reservoirs or by the use of a dammed, OEM-style reservoir."

Thus for last two lines , I am bit confused. I am using single TANDEM MASTER CYLINDER (dammed style). But when it comes for rule that

"Each hydraulic circuit must have its own fluid reserve"

Thus, each hydraulic circuit means as??

It means, that each fluid line going to each wheel must have its own fluid reserve?? (if it so, than I can't use one master cylinder)

OR

I can use tandem master cylinder ( 2 port opening) and after then, dividing each fluid line with help of T-joint and then leading to "X" type circuit..

OR

Here, in my country 4-port tandem master cylinder are available, so instead of dividing circuit with help of T-joint, I can divide directly through my master cylinder.

Below is link given, showing master cylinder line diagram for understanding 4- port cylinder.

COPY & PASTE it.

http://i.imgur.com/49a336q.jpg

There is nothing confusing about the rule. It's very straight forward.

1. Yes you can use a tandem master cylinder since the actual hydraulic lines are separated inside the master cylinder, between the 2 ports.

2. Whether you make L/R split or F/R split or X-split is totally up to you, as long as each hydraulic line stops two wheels. (But why do you want to use cross split anyway?)

3. having 4 port MC is not practical at all. 4 individual lines coming off of the pedal assembly won't look so pretty either.

4. Did you have to start 3 different topics on the same issue? Why not contact rules committee if you really have doubts???
    Sheridan Motorsports troll (2012-2014)
    Cubicle troll (2015 - God knows when)

+ Reply to Thread