+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Formula Student 2012

Well done everyone, some great cars this year. Here are some of my photos from Autocross day. More to follow from Endurance

http://helenjackson.smugmug.co...2012/24205850_9VQL62

Errr.....

So what happened to all the UK cars (centre of the motorsport universe )???

Z

Oxford Brookes finished P7, Hertfordshire would have been top 5, but blew their engine on the last lap of Enduro, the two Liverpool teams are steadily improving and finished in the top 20. I think the rest had an assortment of tales of woe.... More test time needed is the general prescription :-)

Congrats to all concerned, and especially to Monash. It is a big turnaround from FSUK 04. Well done, and well deserved, ladies and gents. Beers are a necessity on your return...

And cheers for the kind words Ben. It seems I do quite a bit better in the Design Event when I am not there. I'm sure there are plenty of RMIT team members who would agree with that.

All the best,
    Geoff Pearson

RMIT FSAE 02-04
    Monash FSAE 05
    RMIT FSAE 06-07

Design it. Build it. Break it.

What about the Egyptian teams especially Cairo University? Didn't get in contact with them from quite a while.
    Conveyor Systems Design Engineer - EgyRoll
    AUMotorsports Team Leader 09-10
    Alexandria University, Egypt.

According to the results, they did not run in any dynamic event. Maybe they did not manage to pass Scrutineering?

"Chalmers University wins world’s largest student motorsport competition"

Headline of a press release from today of IMechE. I congratulate the winners, but I find it quite pathetic that FSUK started claiming to be the largest student motorsport competition in the world. With respect to cars actually attending the event, FSAE_MI2012 had more, 105, and FSG2011 was on par, 103.
    With respect to cars that manage to take part in a dynamic event they, 67 cars, are far behind FSAE-MI2012, 94 cars, and FSG2011, 82.

So this seems to be a quantity vs. quality thing...

Fantomas
    Scores under pressure

Originally posted by Fantomas:
    According to the results, they did not run in any dynamic event. Maybe they did not manage to pass Scrutineering?
    I saw the results not competing in the dynamic was expected, but I wanted to know how they did technically in design and general impression. At least they painted the chassis...

I suspect that Cairo didn't make it through scrutineering, the car when we saw it in design was some way from being finished. The team had fairly good understanding, but sometimes that was lost in traslation to a real car. It was a good effort in light of the recent troubles and resource shortages in their home country.

Here are some pics of the winning car in action:
    http://helenjackson.smugmug.co...6985&AlbumKey=WGHVr9

Rolling Camel,
    Helman made it into Scrutineering late (Saturday I think) but did not pass. I do not know the details, as someone else was inspecting the car. Cairo did not make it into Scrutineering as far as I know.

I did spend some time talking with some people from Egypt, including one of your top rally drivers, who are interested in organizing an event in your country sometime in the future. And I will be sending them some information after I get home.

Originally posted by Michael Royce:
    Rolling Camel,
    Helman made it into Scrutineering late (Saturday I think) but did not pass. I do not know the details, as someone else was inspecting the car. Cairo did not make it into Scrutineering as far as I know.

I did spend some time talking with some people from Egypt, including one of your top rally drivers, who are interested in organizing an event in your country sometime in the future. And I will be sending them some information after I get home.
    I'm also interested at starting an event in Egypt, although some considerations maybe needed to make it more accessible to the Egyptian students. Mini-Baja can be much cheaper and more accessible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 LastLast