+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Business Logic Plan

Has anyone started dealing with this yet? I am having trouble figuring out how to download it from the fsae site, and I don't see anything about how it is supposed to be completed. Any help would be awesome.

We have been waiting for it too... they just haven't put it up yet.

From what I am told it is due January 1st so there is still some time, but I hope it gets put up soon.

I was able to find a copy of the FSG one, do a search for it. Hopefully they keep it similar for us.

Originally posted by Adam Pouncey:
    Has anyone started dealing with this yet? I am having trouble figuring out how to download it from the fsae site, and I don't see anything about how it is supposed to be completed. Any help would be awesome.

I understand that it is going to be very similar to that used at Formula Student UK this year.

It has been posted on the fsae online website. See the link below:

http://www.fsaeonline.com/page...e1-89e1-489a8a4f08d9

Its got an explanation of the whole thing then the template is just put at the end of it.
    Western Formula Racing
    The University of Western Ontario
    Alumnus

"If I had one hour to save the world, I would spend 55 minutes defining the problem and only five minutes finding the solution." –Einstein, Albert

Would it be acceptable to fill in the fuel economy target with "Are you effing serious? It's a autocross car. It drives one kilometer at a time, and it sure isn't doing it to help the environment."

So is anyone else really confused about the "Vehicle Sale Price vs. Volume" table? I mean this means that the target market is now defined for us... so why does it still mention doing market research? Also, are we supposed to analyze and compare us to other teams or do we assume we are the only company building this car? Lastly, surly they know we all are already in design/building the car, where as this mentions it is to be done before design. Hmm

I am quite confused about it.

Originally posted by Cardriverx:
    So is anyone else really confused about the "Vehicle Sale Price vs. Volume" table? I mean this means that the target market is now defined for us... so why does it still mention doing market research? Also, are we supposed to analyze and compare us to other teams or do we assume we are the only company building this car? Lastly, surly they know we all are already in design/building the car, where as this mentions it is to be done before design. Hmm

I am quite confused about it.
    I believe the intent is to have the "BLP" done earlier in future years (perhaps due just after registration?) This year had the electric rules to deal with as well as this so it fell behind a bit I'm sure.

The market research still has to be done to figure out where on the table you should target your car. Does the target market want a $12,000 pile 'o tubes with a single or a $50,000 mono-cack with wings and flappy paddles? The table helps keep the teams building a $50,000 car and claiming there is a 5,000 units a year sales market in check.

Does anyone know about the assessment of competition we have to do? Do we have to assess the other teams or assess the industry as a whole?

Excuse me.
    About business logic case (blc), is there any example of the blc result?
    From all country competition maybe can share here. Thanks before.

Fikri Aulia Rahman
    Universitas Gadjah Mada, Indonesia

Fikri,

Yes, most compitions host the results from the past several years on their own websites.

And stop spamming the 'If you are new here, click here and read this first...' threads.

-William

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast