+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: West Cost Practice 2005

Arizona... what kind of turbo oil feed pressures are you seeing? That throttle-off oil plume seems like the same problem we used to have. A simple restrictor has really helped to alleviate the problem.

-Kirk

We finally installed a needle valve rather than a gate valve to regulate the pressure with better resolution. We had it down to about 5-7psi. The other problem is that we didn't have a waste-gate controller and no map for positive intake pressures. Thus, oil wasn't being used because the turbo wasn't spooling and then it backed-up which led to it being sucked through the intake compressor under the massive intake vacuum from engine braking. We're going to solve the problem by scavenging from the turbo itself and by getting our waste-gate controller working. Thanks for the suggestion.

~Doug

Although I wasn't personally very involved with the organization of the event, i think it went quite well. I appreciate all the hard work that went into putting this thing together. I had a great time. The video of our wing breaking off is awesome. Hopefully nobody sees it, it's kind of embarrasing. I guess we'll have to re-evaluate the mount design to account for larger crosswind conditions.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

Yeah, noticed your driver got pretty sideways on that throttle lift right before that. From the wing?

no, that's just crappy driving.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

Pictures from the competition are now up on the UA website. Click here

Just wanted to see if Pomona got the video in the mail...I believe my mom sent it to Dustin.

-Nika

Thanks Ittybitty, we got the tape. I'll post a link to it when I get it converted to MPEG or AVI format. (I've got to find a Hi-8 player first)

-scott-
    Cal Poly Pomona 2004-2007

i DO still have a video of that wing breaking off on my image station....
    Link

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8