+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shiowing up w/ no car...

Well, we couldn't do it, too many parts showed up late, and the team was just too small. We will still be coming up to Detoit. I wanted to see if anyone had competed in the static events w/o a car, and if so, was the "two year" car still elligible for the next year? I guess it's more or less impossible to compete in design (and cost?) w/o a car present at comp. I want to maintain our current(almost) car's elligibility, but also get the younger guys some exposure to the static events.

What do yall think?

Chuck

Univ. of Louisville

Well, we couldn't do it, too many parts showed up late, and the team was just too small. We will still be coming up to Detoit. I wanted to see if anyone had competed in the static events w/o a car, and if so, was the "two year" car still elligible for the next year? I guess it's more or less impossible to compete in design (and cost?) w/o a car present at comp. I want to maintain our current(almost) car's elligibility, but also get the younger guys some exposure to the static events.

What do yall think?

Chuck

Univ. of Louisville

No, you cannot compete without a car. I know from experience. Your car will not be a second year car. We were able to compete the year following my experience with the same car.
    Erik WO
    Temple University FSAE

last year we missed registration by 15 minutes, we still had 5 guys come to competition, we volunteered to run events, we were on braking and test track, checking harnesses and timing ppl ect, it was a blast and got to talk to a lot of teams while they waited in line, and we got a free tee shirt and food, that and we walked around at took tons of pictures
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Shit Chuck, I'm sorry. You guys still going up? We're heading up w/o a car; I was hoping that someone could go represent the bluegrass state...

Maybe we can hold our own in the beer drinking event....

Your sure that me an like 10 of our guys can't show up and help you guys between now and this time tomorrow? Maybe you could paint our ready to race car red and sell it to you lol.... That or we could all get red shirts and UL student ID cards....
    University of Kentucky Formula Racing
    Watch out for the blue car from the bluegrass...

drinking contest, they are kicking everyone off at 8pm...sounds like a plan....
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

but with no enduro to worry about in the morning.... the sky is the limit
    University of Kentucky Formula Racing
    Watch out for the blue car from the bluegrass...

our team didnt bring a car last year, but we still showed up, and it is the sole reason our car is as good as it is this year. our new members(me) got to see what fsae was all about, got to learn the easy way, plus you have way more fun when you are not rebuilding the diffrential in your hotel sink. (04 crew)
    Mike D
    UTSA 04-

Korey & Chuck:

As much as it pains me to say, (bleeding red and black and all), swing by the Cincy Paddock and chat. HA...seriously though, stop by. Talk to you guys in a few days...
    B.J. Stoney
    Bearcat Motorsports Alumni '02-'07
    University of Cincinnati
    benjamin.stoney@gmail.com

We're travelling as observers to the competition later today. We're a first year team aiming for next year's competition. Is there any sort of registration procedure for us to get in as spectators or is it open to the public? Thanks.
    Jon
    Team Leader
    Dalhousie FSAE
    www.me.dal.ca/fsae

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast