+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSAE at Michigan International Speedway

Indy's not in SE Michigan, too far for all the production judges to drive...
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

I have talked to several people about detroit, apparently the infield roadcourse is a mess and the space is going to be extremely tight.
    Erich Ohlde
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    FSAE 04 - 09

All electrical components and wiring harnesses depend on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of charged ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smo

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jayhawk_electrical:
    I have talked to several people about detroit, apparently the infield roadcourse is a mess and the space is going to be extremely tight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Detroit or MIS? I guess we probably have the best advantage of any team, one of our guys used to work summers at MIS because it's right near where he grew up....
    Conor Riordan
    Lincoln Design Judge 2013
    Michigan Design Judge 2012, 2014
    Notre Dame 2009
    WMU Team Captain 2008

sorry, MIS. From everything I've heard, there isn't going to be enough space for everyone and there isn't enough space to do the road course.
    Erich Ohlde
    Jayhawk Motorsports
    FSAE 04 - 09

All electrical components and wiring harnesses depend on proper circuit functioning, which is the transmission of charged ions by retention of the visible spectral manifestation known as "smoke". Smo

Just to set everyone's mind at ease.

The exact layouts for the dynamic events of the 2008 FSAE competition at MIS have not been established. However they will all located on the blacktop of the back straight run-off area between Turns 2 and 3 and portions of the back straight. None of the dynamic events will be held within the infield itself.

Is this pristine pavement or do we need to design our cars for Silverstone pot holes and cracks?
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

good joke, Mike. Silverstone has the BEST surface we have ever driven on. I think you meant silverdome...
    "Gute Fahrer haben die Fliegenreste auf den Seitenscheiben."
    --Walter Röhrl

I did mean Silverdome...everyone talkes about Silverstone on here now so I got skrewed up.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Wanted to give this thread a bump. Any news on track surface?
    John Grego
    2008 Suspension Lead
    Texas A&M University

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Maverik:
    Anyone else miss the good ole' days of pontiac? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The late night paddock crew.. watchin other teams cutting and welding chassis bits through the night.. EVERYONE having a spot on asphalt.. proximity to hotels (and that Arby's.. and there was a liquor store not too far off either).. Big Beaver road.. BIG BUCK.. going to Windsor..

Yep. Them were the days. Drove past all that the other week for work. Brought back some memories.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast