+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: FSAE at Michigan International Speedway

Does anyone know where we are actually going to be running on at MIS? Is it going to be on the infield, parking lot, etc. ? Ive seen some pictures but i still can't really tell. Google earth doesn't really show much either.

Anyone ever been there and can comment on facilities, pavement condition etc.

Does anyone know where we are actually going to be running on at MIS? Is it going to be on the infield, parking lot, etc. ? Ive seen some pictures but i still can't really tell. Google earth doesn't really show much either.

Anyone ever been there and can comment on facilities, pavement condition etc.

MIS is a sister track to CMS so I would think it would be the same as Califonia. Parking on the infield lot, using the garages for tech and static events, and using the infield road coarse for dynamic events.
    John Grego
    2008 Suspension Lead
    Texas A&M University

I thought the same thing until I looked at an overhead map and I don't know if you can consider MIS's infield a road course. So I'm not sure how well it would work. The big track is identical though.

Sure doesn-t look like much room for autox or enduro. I guess they don-t have to run it inside the track. One thing large tracks have is lots of parking outside.
    John Grego
    2008 Suspension Lead
    Texas A&M University

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Biggy72:
    I thought the same thing until I looked at an overhead map and I don't know if you can consider MIS's infield a road course. So I'm not sure how well it would work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, thats exactly what i noticed. It doesn't look like there is much of a road course at least from what you can see in the map, looks like mostly just rv parking.

If we are on the parking lot, then i don't think we can necessarily assume it to be as smooth and flat as the ford proving grounds. In addition i don't think we can really expect the wide open auto-x course either, unless im missing something.

Has any one done more research on this?
    John Grego
    2008 Suspension Lead
    Texas A&M University

Decent sat photo. Compare with the California Speedway.

What do people think? Is that even asphalt? A parking lot wouldn't be terrible, but you can't beat the atmosphere of an infield track. West was awesome. Although the drone of nascars cruising around you when you're trying to work on your car is kinda annoying.

Anyone else miss the good ole' days of pontiac?
    2003-2008 UF FSAE

Which part? The parking lot that had more elevation change than the F1 track at Indy? Or the sewer drains?

Hmm nice infield road course, big infield parking lot, F1 paddocks being unused, world's most famous oval... what about Indy?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast