+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Helsinki '05 Car - Ice Racing

Finally the winter came to Finland and HPF005 got a chance to show, is it up for a Scandinavian flick.

http://hirppa.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Video/

Just so you know, the first minute of that video is the way it is just because I didn't enough material for the whole 4min. Hope you still enjoy.
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

Finally the winter came to Finland and HPF005 got a chance to show, is it up for a Scandinavian flick.

http://hirppa.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Video/

Just so you know, the first minute of that video is the way it is just because I didn't enough material for the whole 4min. Hope you still enjoy.
    Kimmo Hirvonen

Boy it was fun. Thanks a lot Kimmo for the great video and thanks a lot Antti for hosting us for the whole weekend!
    Mikko Kataja

------------------------------------
    2003-2006
    Technical Manager /
    Engine Group Captain
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula
    Engineering Team

AWESOME.

The CU-Boulder team took their car on ice at Georgetown Lake a couple years ago also.

I wonder if that's what U of Guelph had in mind a few years back when they were building AWD cars....screw Detroit, we're getting silly on a frozen lake!!
    --------------------------
    Matt Giaraffa
    Missouri S&T (UMR) FSAE 2001 - 2005

Here's some pictures from the same day.

http://hirppa.kuvat.fi/kuvat/FSAE/08...05_ice_racing/
    Kimmo Hirvonen

2 words...

Hell ya!

Best fsae video ever, to be followed by the Buckeye burnout....
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Thanks.

I had not seen the Buckeye burnout (until 5min ago) and I have to admit that it was impressive. I was about to post our version of similar burnout but searched a bit and saw that you'd already seen it in the Burnout comp -thread.

Now that I think of it, maybe my next video could be "HPF burnout compilation". There should be plenty of material and even the burnout (or in this case "freezeout"...) seen in that video above is a lot longer in real life.
    Kimmo Hirvonen

If you are refering to the purple car rippin it up behind some buildings, yup I have seen that one.

I think the best part of this whole thread is the pictures of the car plowed into a snowbank from crashing, thats just awsome.
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

+ Reply to Thread