+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful car in the the world.

Watching an Indy car do donuts hurts me way down inside. Its just so unweildy in that respect. Its not a natural movement.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

Wow, that car's pretty cool. I'd buy it...if I was rich. I'd drive to work in that shit too.

Wesley, I hope this site changes your mind. You have to click on the car, then F1 Valvetronic exhaust, then on the picture of the exhaust system, and that will get you to the pics and vids, if there are any. My favorites are the ferrari 355 2.7 version, and the stradale. If those don't do it for you, the testarosa is good. If you're still not convinced, go for the Diablo and Murcielago.
    WARNING: If you go for the last two, have a paper towel ready, you WILL cream yourself. Others have been know to pass the fuck out.
    Remember what I said about the paper towel.

But, if you still don't fall in love with those sounds, I don't want to leave you hangin.
    This is niccccce.

Have you heard the Koenigsegg? That sounds like the "Norse God of Thunder" according to Clarkson. I could dig up the vid if you want it.
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

Those Ferraris sound.. amazing.

Driving an Indy car around the roads and highway would be hilarious. I'd love it. Wish they had onboard video.
    Colorado FSAE | '05 - '07
    Goodyear Tire & Rubber | '07 - '11
    NASCAR Engineer | '11 - ??

Maybe not the best driver, but definately exciting to watch. (FXX btw)
    http://videos.streetfire.net/category/Ferrari/1/3f728e5...8e2-9875006b07ad.htm

I hate ford, but this is just awesome.
    http://videos.streetfire.net/hottestvideos/1/bbbb4104-0...bb5-982901426eb2.htm

Getting back to the original topic, though. What are your guy's opinions on the design of the Ferrari P 4-5?
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

Those cars ain't bad sounding. The GTO is probably my favorite, of course (despite looking like every other Pontiac on the road) But it could use a little lopier idle.

I think because the other ones have a tuned exhaust, something is resonating which is totally throwing off the good sounds. That and video cameras are absolutely terrible at capturing that kind of noise, because they try to normalize the sound, so the idle is just as loud as full throttle (minus the static)

But I also don't get excited that often anyways. They do sound pretty nice though. I need to hear them in person, before I'll pass judgement.

EDIT: Sorry! I keep derailing the post. My last one, I swear.
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

McGill Racing Team 2003 - 2004
    Dawson College Baja 2009
    Concordia Formula Racing 2010 - current

I liked the maserati's sound. Maybe its just me.

You know what, Bill? I think you're on to something. They sound very nice. I just kind of dismissed them because I don't see them as exotic supercars. Just luxury exotics.

The initial reason for my post is what's on this month's cover of automotive engineering.

The car that inspired me to start this topic. Where it all began...the Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione.
    When I glanced at the magazine through the little window of my mailbox, I was like "Sweet, the new Automotive Engineering magazine came." Then I saw what was on the cover, and I was floored. The car of my dreams, the most beautiful car in the world, the car I've just been talking about with the guys on the forums is front and center and in the largest portait that's ever been displayed to my eyes.

I took it out and I just stared at...and stared at, I began to pace around the lobby aimlessly as I subconsciously tried to find just the right amount of light to reflect off of the magazine, and just slowly repeated over and over under my breath "Oh my God...It's beautiful... Oh my God... Oh my-" until I finally looked away for fear of becoming desensitized to it as have been before. The computer screen wasn't good enough for me any longer, and for some reason this magazine printing brought the car back to life, and resurected it from the depths of mediocracy.

As I was flipping to the page the car was featured on, I was expecting the most lavishly written article since the enzo, but all I got was a thumbnail and two columns. Disappointed? Yeah, you could say that.
    CFS13 - Drivetrain

Did I scare you guys away with my mushy mushy talk?

Anyway, here's a discussion starter; Porsche.
    I agree with top gear in that Porsche has made the same damn car for 40 years and they need to change it up a little bit. On the other hand, it is one of the best looking cars out there, though.
    I prefer the 996 styling over the 997, which looks bland in any color in my opinion.
    What do you guys think?

<span class="ev_code_RED">Cool, </span><span class="ev_code_GREY">I just</span> <span class="ev_code_YELLOW">realized</span> <span class="ev_code_GREEN">we can change</span> <span class="ev_code_PURPLE">the text</span> <span class="ev_code_PINK">color.</span>
    CFS13 - Drivetrain

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast