+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The benefit of wings fixed on thesuspension

As everyone is discussing unsprung aero of the new UWA car, I would just like to ponder how they control roll stiffness front and rear with the wheels basically bonded to a sheet of CFRP like that. Typically this is done through tire, spring, and ARB adjustment, but that seems to be a moot point when your wheels are fixed to each other...

It may do some odd things, and I'm hoping they've had enough time to do lots of test and tune on it to dial it in.
    Kettering University Vehicle Dynamics
    Formula SAE 2010 - 2015
    Clean Snowmobile Powertrain 2012 - 2015

Boogityland 2015 - Present

Originally posted by MCoach:
    As everyone is discussing unsprung aero of the new UWA car, I would just like to ponder how they control roll stiffness front and rear with the wheels basically bonded to a sheet of CFRP like that. Typically this is done through tire, spring, and ARB adjustment, but that seems to be a moot point when your wheels are fixed to each other...

It may do some odd things, and I'm hoping they've had enough time to do lots of test and tune on it to dial it in.
    The "w" shaped piece of steel looks to be the component to control heave/ pitch. I imagine they have multiple versions cut from various thicknesses of steel. (spring steel?)
    Electronics Warwick Racing 11' Alumni

Lorenzo Pessa

D-Team UniPisa (alumni of E-Team - Università di Pisa)
    FSG & FSAE-I 2009-2010

To begin with, the UWA car looks like a twin beam suspension with unsprung undertray, much like the concept Z was trying to push...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4