+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Wow...amazing how ignorant/blind some people are

It is something in our general society, mostly around the larger towns. I think it's a blatant lack of respect for your fellow man, but that's just me.

Banning guns won't do a single damn thing. Drugs are illegal. Our government has been trying to fight them everywhere from the local to the federal level with no sucess, it's getting worse. Even the DEA said that it's a loosing battle. Why do you think that guns would be any different? In my high school I could have bought weed, cocaine, heroin, speed, and a perlethera of prescribed medications to abuse with a walk down the hallway or a phone call. I can go downtown and purchase a gun off the street just as easily.

Untill folks realize that legislation does not affect the criminal, we won't be getting anywhere.

My view is that focus is being put on an object, and responsiblity taken away from people. The desire to cause violence is the problem.
    Campus policies left students shooting back with camera phones. Life's worth more than pictures.
    www.ConcealedCampus.com

Originally posted by Mike Flitcraft:
    The desire to cause violence is the problem.
    Right - now we're getting somewhere.

What then, do you think it is about US society that gives people the desire to cause violence?

Ben
    -

Originally posted by ben:

What then, do you think it is about US society that gives people the desire to cause violence?

Ben
    Dunno, as I've no desire to cause violence. I have a desire to keep myself safe and alive, which in today's day and age is most effectively done with firearms and ammunition.

After all, even one of the least violent people to have ever lived said this:

"But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one."
    Luke 22:36

Sure sounds like that Jesus guy was telling folks that they need to be able to defend themselves.
    Campus policies left students shooting back with camera phones. Life's worth more than pictures.
    www.ConcealedCampus.com

Originally posted by Mike Flitcraft:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ben:

Ben
    I have a desire to keep myself safe and alive, which in today's day and age is most effectively done with firearms and ammunition.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why is the murder rate per capita higher in the US than in many European countries with gun control then?

Ben
    -

There you go, talking out of both sides of your mouth. First in agreeance that it is the desire to cause violence (a problem with the person), and then trying to pin the cause on an inanimate object:

"What then, do you think it is about US society that gives people the desire to cause violence?"
    "Why is the murder rate per capita higher in the US than in many European countries with gun control then?"

Told you already dunno, but I know that gun control in America does not work. Every place that has tried it gets a higher crime rate, every place that loosens it gets a lower crime rate. Kennesaw Georgia passed a law in 1982 requiring every head of the house to own a gun and ammunition, except for felons, the disabled, and those with conflicting religious beliefs.

Their crime rate is BELOW their 1982 rate, and the town's population has more than doubled, without a murder in 25 years.
    www.ConcealedCampus.com

How many people live in Kennesaw now?

Ben
    -

www.ConcealedCampus.com

Some good arguements and discussion here....

I agree with Mike that it is the desire to cause violence that is the true problem, not the ease of accessibility to guns.

guns don't kill people, people kill people.

About a 2 years, a man with a CCW saved a womans life in an Albuquerque Walmart.

She was being stabbed by her violent and crazy husband, and this older gentlemen, pulled out his pistol, and shot him dead, saving her life.

He was licensed to carry a concealed weapon and was commended for his actions as she would have
    died without his intervention. No one else stepped up to the plate to save this woman's life, gun or
    no gun. It took a man with cojones(aka huevos aka ....) to do what is/was right.

He was approximately 70 years old, which I imagine would have been extremely difficult for him to fend off this man otherwise, i.e. mano y mano.

So BH, are you saying guys like this have little wankers? that he was hiding behind his six shooter?
    UNM FSAE 2003 to 2005

Just to chime in...

I think the media is a huge problem with today's society in general in regards to violence. America especially. The general mindset about violence and fighting is amplified by the exposure some people recieve.
    B. Bell
    UNH Precision Racing
    www.unh.edu/fsae

I competely agree with the media being a large factor. Even with this most recent shooting, they showed all this kids videos and showed his pictures, then followed up with, a story on how americans are mad the media is showing the video, like they are somehow unrelated to the first story.

I am Jon,
    here's a video you don't care to see,
    I heard people are mad at Jon.
    First person when your doing something good, third person when shit is hittin the fan.
    'engine and turbo guy'
    Cornell 02-03

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast