+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DUTch Open 2008

Hybrid View

This summer, August 28-30, the Delft team will organise a Baltic Open style formula student event in the Netherlands, the DUTch Open, "the first event below sealevel".

The idea is to have quite some different cars running with a maximum of 22. Therefore we would like to invite the European teams to come over this August to participate. To give a chance to as many teams as possible we limit the teams to bring 2 cars. This can be any FSAE car from the past.

We strive to get the expenses for you guys as low as possible. This will include a place to stay the night (Thursday night-Sunday morning), breakfast on Friday-Sunday, participation in the event and a party with BBQ on Saturday.

The Preliminary schedule will be:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
    <LI> Thursday: Arrival and Scrutineering (workshop open for last minute work)
    <LI>Friday: Testing day @ event site + scrutineering
    <LI>Saturday: Event, being acceleration, autocross, endurance, followed by BBQ, award ceremony and party
    <LI>Sunday: Departure [/list]
    In order to get the costs as low as possible we need all teams to give a small design presentation (10 minutes max) about their car for our sponsors. This event will also be held on Saturday.

Information regarding the event can be acquired via dutchopen@dutracing.nl or the teams website (soon), www.dutracing.nl.

We will use a first come first serve base to allow teams to participate. If we still have slots for more cars we might increase the number of allowed cars per team.

Happy 2009 everyone!

It has been a while, but finally a video impression of the DUTch Open is online, it can be found here. Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Julien

DUTch Open 2008 Movie NOW available for DOWNLOAD!!!

http://gallery.me.com/julienva...20Open&bgcolor=black

Greetings
    Kevin Thomassen
    *Chassis '05, '06 DUT Racing Team Delft
    *Formula Student UK Design Judge '07 - '09
    *Formula SAE - VIR Design Judge '09
    *Formula SAE Italy overall Judge '09
    *Organiser DUTch Open 2008

Come on guys,

it's not that difficult to differentiate between the University of Applied Sciences Dortmund and the University of Technology Dortmund. The latter competed in DUTch Open & Silverstone 2008, but the UAS has been to Hockenheim in 2008 ...

BTW: FH = UAS ...

UAS: Heavy golden monocoque car with broken electronics
    TU: Blue steel frame car with broken frame and steering
    Tilman Schröder
    GETracing Dortmund, alumnus
    University of Technology Dortmund, Germany

New poll: A new unofficial event in 2010?

JUST VOTE and let us know if you are interesting or not...

Link to poll
    Kevin Thomassen

Henning, BO-committee isn't such a bad idea. In fact some of our guys have thought about it already several years ago.
    I guess it would include only emailing and not physical meetings. Teams could join in after participating Baltic Open (and DUTch Open) for few times.

Baltic Open in three different countries would be awesome. But as we spoke at Zoetermeer, the cost of this competition could rise up to "FSUK"-level. Although, if we could get e.g. Tallink-Silja shipping company as a sponsor for this event, the costs could come down dramatically. Skid-Pad in Stockholm, Acceleration on boat to Tallinn, Sprint at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn and Endurance in Helsinki. After party on a boat back to Stockholm to fulfil the triangle. Then again, would there be any sober drivers to drive in all three cities is another question..
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

Teams who are intrested for DUTch Open...

Aachen, 1 car
    Braunschweig, 1 car
    Chalmers, 2 cars
    Delft, 3 cars
    Eindhoven, 2 cars
    Helsinki, 2 cars (and sauna)
    Lund, 1 car
    Stuttgart, 1 car 2007?
    TU Graz, 2 cars
    KTH, 1 car
    Lancaster, 1 car?
    Zurich, 1 car

12 universities, 18 cars

We have some places left,
    who is interested in the event?
    The event will be only dynamic.
    Starting on friday evening with Autocross with lights on track, Saturday 4cars acceleration (best of 4), skid-pad 2cars (best of 2), endurance 22km CCW.
    BBQ with Design talk (10min each teams) after this
    DELFT presents party FS under sea level, same party as FS UK but better... We have space enough for it...
    Kevin Thomassen

I would like to thank the people who have put this great event together. What better way is there to start a new school year than with a race!

I also want to thank the team working on the DUT08 car to put it back on the track after the problem with the engine! The car was so quick and well prepared.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mok:
    Sorry Julien, but I have to express my deep disappointment about the design event. We asked, but we weren't even allowed to give a presentation on the Puky Chopper! Therefore I want to question the results and demand another chance for the Puky Chopper!

;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael you have 10 minutes to give me the Highlights of your design presentation of the Puky.
    Kevin Thomassen

We were also talking about doing a Baltic Open with races in 3 different countries. We would start in Stockholm for scrutineering and maybe one dynamic event, then hop on the ferry with all cars and trucks and head over to Talinn for another event. The boats leaves at like 6 pm and gets to the destination about 12 hours later, great for sleeping (um, and partying). With a trailer filled with machines we would still have the same possibilities for repairing cars etc. as we would in a normal workshop. After an event in Tallinn we would jump on the boat to Helsinki for the endurance event.

It would be quite the challenge to organize it I guess. But anyways I believe we should put together a "board" of people (from different teams) to organize the competition (wherever it will be held) as it without doubt will be at least the same size as this year. For teams with not as many members as Delft it may be hard to organize such a big event. Thoughts, comments?
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast