+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DUTch Open 2008

Henning, BO-committee isn't such a bad idea. In fact some of our guys have thought about it already several years ago.
    I guess it would include only emailing and not physical meetings. Teams could join in after participating Baltic Open (and DUTch Open) for few times.

Baltic Open in three different countries would be awesome. But as we spoke at Zoetermeer, the cost of this competition could rise up to "FSUK"-level. Although, if we could get e.g. Tallink-Silja shipping company as a sponsor for this event, the costs could come down dramatically. Skid-Pad in Stockholm, Acceleration on boat to Tallinn, Sprint at the A. Le Coq Arena in Tallinn and Endurance in Helsinki. After party on a boat back to Stockholm to fulfil the triangle. Then again, would there be any sober drivers to drive in all three cities is another question..
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

One should work out a drinking schedule for that, Kimmo. Or just let us all do an alcohol test when driving off the boat and only allow those that are sober (enough) to drive perform in the event. Or take a few hours between arriving in the city and the event that takes place there.

What a great event, this was the first time for me I wasn't driving the car (except for the first pic )
    During autoX and enduro we needed over 30 marshalls to keep the event safe. Every team present contributed without hesitation and they all did a terrific job. Especially building the tracks (haystacks, cones etc.) took a lot of team effort.
    We consider ourselves very lucky with our sponsors with their effort in judging and the lovely prizes, the city of Zoetermeer and the police and fire department for their cooperation and of course Silverdome for allowing us to use their terrain.
    Another compliment to the teams for preparing their cars so well and especially to the drivers who have never driven their car before this event. They were very safe and professional and we as marshalls never felt in any danger walking around the dynamic area.

Being part of the organization really makes you appreciate what Frank Roske and his team are doing year after year during (and before!!!) the German comp. We had very little sleep, but all the more satisfaction that everything went according to plan.

"All work and no play" doesn't seem to apply to the Dutch Open though. Remember, this is fun!

(8 years old, but she's still got it)

(the lovely prizes from the sponsors)

(lucky bastard!)

(the Dutch Open organization)

See you next year!
    Miki Hegedus
    Delft University of Technology

(pics: Helsinki and Darmstadt)

Hmmm... Probably we are all repeating one another, but it cannot be stressed enough: without you lot, the participants, the DUTch Open could never have been, what is was. You made this possible. So thank you very much indeed! It really has been an awesome weekend. I think I speak for all of the organisation if I say, it was far better than we even dared to imagine
    Great pictures by the way. Maybe FSG should reconsider the uniform for the female staff members

But now to serious business. Kevin already posted the results of all the dynamic events, which makes you wonder what has happened to the results of the small design event. I guess my desk must look somewhat similar to that of Frank Roeske. Nevertheless, here they are: Design Results My appologies they are somewhat belated.

Cheers

Julien van Campen

Sorry Julien, but I have to express my deep disappointment about the design event. We asked, but we weren't even allowed to give a presentation on the Puky Chopper! Therefore I want to question the results and demand another chance for the Puky Chopper!

;-)
    Michael Kissling
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    Stuttgart, Germany

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mok:
    Sorry Julien, but I have to express my deep disappointment about the design event. We asked, but we weren't even allowed to give a presentation on the Puky Chopper! Therefore I want to question the results and demand another chance for the Puky Chopper!

;-) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Michael you have 10 minutes to give me the Highlights of your design presentation of the Puky.
    Kevin Thomassen
    *Chassis '05, '06 DUT Racing Team Delft
    *Formula Student UK Design Judge '07 - '09
    *Formula SAE - VIR Design Judge '09
    *Formula SAE Italy overall Judge '09
    *Organiser DUTch Open 2008

Sorry Michael,

Here I must intervene. Since the Puky Chopper is so far ahead of its competition the judges unanimously decided to exempt it from competition to keep the competition fair
    I deeply regret this has not been communicated clearly to you.

Julien van Campen

Happy 2009 everyone!

It has been a while, but finally a video impression of the DUTch Open is online, it can be found here. Enjoy!

Cheers,
    Julien

DUTch Open 2008 Movie NOW available for DOWNLOAD!!!

http://gallery.me.com/julienva...20Open&bgcolor=black

Greetings
    Kevin Thomassen
    *Chassis '05, '06 DUT Racing Team Delft
    *Formula Student UK Design Judge '07 - '09
    *Formula SAE - VIR Design Judge '09
    *Formula SAE Italy overall Judge '09
    *Organiser DUTch Open 2008

Come on guys,

it's not that difficult to differentiate between the University of Applied Sciences Dortmund and the University of Technology Dortmund. The latter competed in DUTch Open & Silverstone 2008, but the UAS has been to Hockenheim in 2008 ...

BTW: FH = UAS ...

UAS: Heavy golden monocoque car with broken electronics
    TU: Blue steel frame car with broken frame and steering
    Tilman Schröder
    GETracing Dortmund, alumnus
    University of Technology Dortmund, Germany

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast