+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: DUTch Open 2008

You guys know how to throw it down....wish I were there.
    ----
    Mike Cook
    It's an engineering competition, not an over-engineering competition!

The amount of cars showing up at a small, novice event below sea level was amazing.. Almost 20 cars at the start of the DUTchOpen was far better than the organisation could have imagined a year ago.

Thanks to the "fat Belgian guy", who came up with this good idea (together with TomF?)

The weather was ideal for racing purposes, nice and sunny! The weatherforecasts were talking about "The 3 day summer of 2008". We all known the chances for rain are a lot bigger below sea level .

The DUT06 did not do that well, in spite of working hard the week before to get the car in good condition.. A failing cooling system probably wrecked the big-end bearing, because this was the result (mind the clearance..)

Therefore I had to watch the endurance instead of driving it.....
    Martijn Heuvel
    DUTRacing
    Delft,NL

If we invite Yamaha next time, maybe ask them to take some spare parts with them, because it was a very expensive weekend for Powertrain and Electronics...
    Kevin Thomassen
    *Chassis '05, '06 DUT Racing Team Delft
    *Formula Student UK Design Judge '07 - '09
    *Formula SAE - VIR Design Judge '09
    *Formula SAE Italy overall Judge '09
    *Organiser DUTch Open 2008

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sebastiaan:
    I don't have any pictures of the races, but I do have the more important pictures :

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looks like the FSG Mahle Party need some modifications!

Really would like to come, but unfurtunately work keep me busy and the desk is full of them.

Where will be the baltic Open 2009?

Frank
    Frank Roeske
    -------------------------
    Member of the Executive Committee
    Formula Student Germany
    -------------------------

+1....

Looks like you had a lot of fun there! It's a pity we couldn't come.....

Frank, I would've never thought of saying this about a party with free beer but indeed there is a way to make the Mahle party better!

Next Baltic Open organiser isn't yet decided but I guess Finland is at the top of that list of nominees. There's nowadays five teams within 400km (last time only two) so that's one good reason for that.

I put the full sized pics to here:

http://hirppa.kuvat.fi/DUTch_Open/

Uploading will take over an hour so hold your horses. The file should be around 436MB when fully uploaded. Because of its pretty large size, I may have to delete it from there after a while.
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

We were also talking about doing a Baltic Open with races in 3 different countries. We would start in Stockholm for scrutineering and maybe one dynamic event, then hop on the ferry with all cars and trucks and head over to Talinn for another event. The boats leaves at like 6 pm and gets to the destination about 12 hours later, great for sleeping (um, and partying). With a trailer filled with machines we would still have the same possibilities for repairing cars etc. as we would in a normal workshop. After an event in Tallinn we would jump on the boat to Helsinki for the endurance event.

It would be quite the challenge to organize it I guess. But anyways I believe we should put together a "board" of people (from different teams) to organize the competition (wherever it will be held) as it without doubt will be at least the same size as this year. For teams with not as many members as Delft it may be hard to organize such a big event. Thoughts, comments?
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

Hi Henning,

Sounds like an idea, if you need people to help just give me a call.
    Maybe we can start a tour of Formula Student Classics. Let the world know what engineering is.
    Still need some sleep after this weekend, can't believe what we did and specially what the other teams did, such some good TEAM work. This is good for the future.
    Kevin Thomassen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Frank "Ruska" Roeske:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sebastiaan:
    I don't have any pictures of the races, but I do have the more important pictures :

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hope to see your team next year Frank, should be great if you involve the Baltic Open 2009
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Kevin Thomassen

Congratulations to all the teams. Our predecessors said that it was a really well organized event and a lot of fun. So well done guys.
    Unfortunately we could not manage to come with the jr08 because of internships of all our team members.
    So next year we will try to manage to go to the baltic open. :-)

@Frank:
    The Mahle Party just needs some optimization.;-) It is unbelievable great. But at 4 o'clock in the morning it would be nice to see such girls in the vicinity of the Helsinki Sauna!:-)
    I would know someone who could do all this stuff during FSG....Maybe you can talk to the redshirts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast