+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: DUTch Open 2008

Thanks again for the great organisation, it was a lot of fun to be part of the first DUTch Open! :-)

Has anyone taken good pictures during the event? I was too busy chatting and watching all the action to take any...
    Michael Kissling
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    Stuttgart, Germany

I don't have any pictures of the races, but I do have the more important pictures :

Finally back in home, it was a long (read: slow) drive with the trailer but it was really worth it. Such a fantastic event!

Kevin and the rest of the guys you did a fantastic job putting all of this togheter!

I'll post some of my photos when I get back home from work, but I hope Kimmo will post his soon!
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kevin Thomassen:
    Endurance Results </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whoa, 73 cones! Could've been some sort of record but Berlin beat us with 85 ;-)

Back home, tired as hell. I uploaded my shots to here:
    http://hirppa.kuvat.fi/kuvat/FSAE/08_08_31-DUTch-Open/
    I have to appologize that there aren't that many pics and most of them have something to do with Helsinki's cars or team. Actually what comes to content, the pics above have a lot more to offer than any of my shots. If you know what I mean..

Competition was splendid. In many ways 10 times bigger than any Baltic Open has ever been but still it had the same feeling to it.
    Thanks a lot to Kevin and all the guys and girls at Delft!
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

I would like to thank the people who have put this great event together. What better way is there to start a new school year than with a race!

I also want to thank the team working on the DUT08 car to put it back on the track after the problem with the engine! The car was so quick and well prepared.

Thanks for sharing these great pictures, Kimmo!

I totally forgot about my absolut favorite picture of the DUTch Open 2008... her it is:

Michael Kissling
    Rennteam Uni Stuttgart
    Stuttgart, Germany

@ Kimmo, nice pictures, is it possible to get them on cd?
    Kevin Thomassen
    *Chassis '05, '06 DUT Racing Team Delft
    *Formula Student UK Design Judge '07 - '09
    *Formula SAE - VIR Design Judge '09
    *Formula SAE Italy overall Judge '09
    *Organiser DUTch Open 2008

Tomorrow I can upload full resolution versions as zip-file to that site. I'll inform when I do so.

Michael, that is a sweet picture! Too bad I never got the chance to take photos of those girls with our car...
    ------------------------------------------
    Kimmo Hirvonen
    Helsinki Polytechnic Formula Engineering Team '04-'07

Two videos that I found on my memory card...

Bus ride back from the club
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6Eb9I8n4Dc

Self-explanatory
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35tY7-Nahyw
    KTH Racing '03-'08
    Dartmouth Formula Racing '07

I just want to thank all of the teams that participated to the event. Yes off course we put in a lot of effort organizing it, but you guys made the event to what it actually was. We had great driving, lot's of team spirit, a great joy and most of all an inspiration that came to mind. I actually sat down some time after the endurance realizing what just happened, and I felt just so happy and satisfied. Just great to see so many of you guys enjoying a great weekend, with a lot of great racing and a very open mind towards one another. I must say we hadn't even imagined such a great event as organisers. It was you guys who made the final touch and I really appreciate the kind words I got on the party about the successful organisation. I hope we can welcome you next time around!

For now I am just awaiting more pictures and more vids. Since I was out there with a green flag in my hand most of the time I did not get to see all that went on. Anyhow, I am looking forward to the next Dutch Open and the next Baltic Open for sure!

Cheers,
    Tom

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast