+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Vehicle Status 2012

Even though there are still a few competitions left for the 2011 season, I bet there are a number of teams that are well underway for 2012.

Post those updates!
    Daniel Wageman
    University of Washington FSAE
    Team 19: Chassis/Data Acq
    Team 20: Data Acq Lead
    Team 21: Engine, Power Package
    Team 22-24: Technical Director

We have a strict schedule due to a senior design team doing the full suspension and graduating in the Fall. That means the car at least needs to move under it's own power for some preliminary testing.

So far we have the chassis modeled and are just putting the final designs on the uprights and hubs. Should be starting manufacturing within the month.
    SAE @ University of Central Florida

Random 08-09
    Team Leader 09-10
    Electrical Lead 10-11
    Electrical Lead 11-12

We're an Australian team so our intended 2012 car won't compete until december next year, but so far we've finalised suspension geometry, starting on the detailed design of the suspension parts. chassis design is also well underway.

UQ Racing

Originally posted by Spetsnazos:
    We haven't started
    Don't feel bad, it's rough to try to get everyone motivated enough to get things done this early for us usually. UCF is just running on the wave of excitement from finishing all events and having our best score yet by the current team.
    SAE @ University of Central Florida

Random 08-09
    Team Leader 09-10
    Electrical Lead 10-11
    Electrical Lead 11-12

Originally posted by coastertrav:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Spetsnazos:
    We haven't started
    Don't feel bad, it's rough to try to get everyone motivated enough to get things done this early for us usually. UCF is just running on the wave of excitement from finishing all events and having our best score yet by the current team. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We have a TON of new people that are already suggesting retarded things. Me and one other guy started the design process but with the recent changover with advisors, anything can happen.

Could be worse I suppose...

Originally posted by Spetsnazos:

Could be worse I suppose...
    It could. Right now we are trying to finish up what should have been our 2011 car. Our team is very small, and we had some team drama that led to 1 section leader quitting about two months before competition. He had one guy under him who doesn't really know what to do. Another section leader was supposedly doing a bunch of his work at a machine shop on campus while he did work related stuff ( he runs a CNC at that shop ), turns out he was just slacking off and now I'm in charge of his section too since he graduated. So we now have 5 people with low moral and a half done car, and 2 of those people don't really know what to do. Hoping I can inspire them and do some decent recruitment come fall.
    --Dash Robinson
    --Mississippi State University

Autumn qtr starts officially for our new members tomorrow. (the UW starts REALLY late in the year).

I think most other schools have been well underway for a while now.

How are things looking?

Teams that went to West last year, are you going to Lincoln instead or do you have other plans?

If you have pictures, post a few! Always exciting to see the competition.
    Daniel Wageman
    University of Washington FSAE
    Team 19: Chassis/Data Acq
    Team 20: Data Acq Lead
    Team 21: Engine, Power Package
    Team 22-24: Technical Director

We are already a few weeks into the current semester and we've already picked up at least 10 new recruits. We've never had this much interest this early on. Although all a handful of them want to do is learn to weld. lol.
    So far the wheel package, suspension kinematics, and most of the frame have been designed. Still working on skock packaging and steering geometry.
    We're running a non-stock ECU for the first time this year (Megasquirt III), so we'll start playing around with that soon.
    We are planning on going to Lincoln this year. We are also going to Michigan though, and with the new 1 month lockout system, it'll be interesting to see how quickly it fills up.
    San Jose State University

FSAE Chassis and Ergonomics Lead '12-'13
    FSAE Chief Engineer '11-'12
    FSAE Chassis Technical Lead '10-'11
    Formula Hybrid Chassis Grunt '09-'10

"A designer knows he has achieved perfection not when there is nothing le

We are on a two year schedule. So we started this car last year. So far we have our chassis glued together and ready for inserts. Most of the design is done and a lot of other parts have been made. Our goal is to be done by Christmas.
    Daniel
    Formula SAE
    Montreal Polytechnique 2009-present
    Cost guy 2011-present
    Rules guy 2012-present
    Secretary 2013-present
    Assistant Director 2014-2015

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast