+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How this antiroll bar system works?

The vertical bar is twisted in roll, adjustable by the small blades at the bottom of the bar. Free to move in bump.

Is this system usable in rear and front suspension to keep wheels parallel to the ground to improve traction when one wheel bump accur?
    romkasponka

yes you can use it in front and rear, but it won't improve one wheel bump traction. quite the opposite really.
    '01-'06 Cal Poly Pomona

It's not antiroll bar only as i see, but what it improves when?
    romkasponka

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by romkasponka:
    It's not antiroll bar only as i see, but what it improves when? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It _is_ an antiroll bar, in as much as it only deflects when the left wheel and right wheel heave travels are different.

Generally, antiroll bars are fitted to reduce chassis roll and / or to re-distribute the lateral load transfer characteristics from one axle to the other. Whether that is an improvement or not depends on many other factors.

Ian

It IS an antiroll bar. During roll, the vertical link in front of the center wing mount is twisted (very similar to a conventional arb on a passenger vehicle). Bump can be accomodated in the system by placing a spring/damper combo or a bumpstop type material on the center upright bar to displace during bump. I have seen this design taken one step further by incorporating a device into the top of the T bar (where the rod-ends attach from the links to the bellcranks) that is driver adjustable and allows the length of the top of the T to be increased or decreased to change the moment arm of the T thus changing the twist of the upright portion of the T. In actuality, this adjustability could be done using something very similar to a brake balance bar.

The adjustment blades are on the bottom of that particular one.

You are right. I thought what it's working like Z bar

Is it posible to make it without blades (why they are not used instead top lever)? I think what ajustable top levers lenght could work. Is it right calculation what if levers will be rigid the bar torsional stifnes will be like bar with two rigid levers?
    romkasponka

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast