+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SAE Student Seminars

Hello everyone:

I haven't seen much talk about the seminars I see SAE is holding after the FSAE events this year.

If you are graduating and want some professional information about any of these areas, do it now at the student rate!

If you are returning to FSAE, these seminars can really jump start your 2007 season.

If you are serious about wanting to compete well in FSAE, you should take advantage of SOME seminar after the comp, such as Rouelle, or one of these SAE courses.

I beleive all these courses are available at the student rate of $195, whether it's listed or not. Call SAE and ask if you need to.

Offered May 22nd in Detroit:

Engine Calibration Seminar

Aerodynamics Seminar

Offered June 18th aroud FSAE West

Tires and Handling

Aerodynamics Seminar

These courses aren't listed for all of the dates yet but they should be, so call SAE or at least plan ahead!
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Hello everyone:

I haven't seen much talk about the seminars I see SAE is holding after the FSAE events this year.

If you are graduating and want some professional information about any of these areas, do it now at the student rate!

If you are returning to FSAE, these seminars can really jump start your 2007 season.

If you are serious about wanting to compete well in FSAE, you should take advantage of SOME seminar after the comp, such as Rouelle, or one of these SAE courses.

I beleive all these courses are available at the student rate of $195, whether it's listed or not. Call SAE and ask if you need to.

Offered May 22nd in Detroit:

Engine Calibration Seminar

Aerodynamics Seminar

Offered June 18th aroud FSAE West

Tires and Handling

Aerodynamics Seminar

These courses aren't listed for all of the dates yet but they should be, so call SAE or at least plan ahead!
    -Charlie Ping

Auburn FSAE Alum 00-04

Noticed Kevin Hayward's quote in the Tires one.

I managed to go to one of these seminars, aerodynamics in particular (thanks charlie, never realized there had student rate till saw your post).

Paul Glessner is very knowledgeable in his field and it's a good place to start learning aero stuff if you're only level of aero is fluid dynamics.

Aerospace/nautical Engineers be warned though, this seminar is a FUNDAMENTALS of aero. applied to race cars, so 80% of what you're going to hear is pretty much a revision of your sophomore years.

But he has some cool stuff about visual flow that you can experiment with. Overall, it should be good for non-aero guys who plan on learning aero work.
    RiNaZ

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alex Kwan:
    Noticed Kevin Hayward's quote in the Tires one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

that Hayward kid doesn't know what he's talking aboot. The RMIT kid is pretty smart though.

Oh, I hear those Rouelle seminars are pretty good too...

"Man, I need to practice more!" - Kenny Wallace
    "Try not to have a good time... this is supposed to be educational." - Charles M Schulz
    -OptimumG 2005-2006
    -Turner Motorsports 2008-2009
    -Black Swan Racing 2010 & 2011 Team and Driver's Champions
    -HPD Race Engineer 2011-2014
    -Currently Freelance Data/Race Engineer

+ Reply to Thread