+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mizzou FSAE car for sale!

We are selling our 2003 competetion car, this car took 2nd at detroit. Its on ebay with 2.5 days to go, sorry for the short notice. If you have questions send em to the ebay account i wont be able to login here very often.

EBAY AUCTION!!!

We are selling our 2003 competetion car, this car took 2nd at detroit. Its on ebay with 2.5 days to go, sorry for the short notice. If you have questions send em to the ebay account i wont be able to login here very often.

EBAY AUCTION!!!

So no dampers included then?

Best,
    Drew

Northwestern Formula Racing Alum
    Head Engineer, Frame/Suspension 2006-2009

My '73 Saab 99 Road Race Build

what makes you ask that? the car is in driving condition, we used it for practice up to the sale. I believe it has fox shocks but im not 100% sure off hand

What ECU is on the car? Which differential? Has the car ever been in any wrecks, and if so, what happened? Are any spares included with the car (wheels, tires, a-arms, uprights, engines, etc)?

-Kirk

I only asked because I couldn't see clearly in any of the photos that they're just buried behind tubes, I had a hard time figuring out the packaging, and at one point I though that you might have just put in solid tubes to the mounts to keep it a roller.

Good luck with the sale though, should be a ton of fun for somebody!

Plus for Kirk, from the eBay Q&A area,

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
    Question & Answer Answered On

Q: Would you consider selling outside the US? I'm based in the UK. Cheers, Andy Nov-11-08
    A: Sorry, no international bidding on this item. If you have a friend in the USA have them bid. Thanks.

Q: Are you running a differential on the rear axle or is it a live axle? Nov-11-08
    A: Its a zexel torsen differential (with a custom chain drive). Thanks.

Q: What engine management are you running? What differential do you have in it? Are those VW CVs and halfshafts? Nov-11-08
    A: The engine management is a tech 3 system with a custom fuel map, the differential is a torsen, the cv's and housing are off of an atv, i dont have specifically which, sorry, the half shalfts were machined in house. Thanks.

Q: Is it in good running condition & any spares? Nov-10-08
    A: Engine and Trans are one unit, no known problems, hard to start in cold weather but runs very well. Brakes are in good condition. No spares to speak of. Thanks.

Q: What type engine does this car have in it? Nov-10-08
    A: As it states in the description, "The powerplant is a 2001 Kawasaki ZX-6R 600cc motor and transmission" its a motorcycle engine and trans.

Q: What is the current condition, engine, trans, brakes, ect? Also any spares, paper work on build? Thanks Nov-10-08
    A: Engine and Trans are one unit, no known problems, hard to start in cold weather but runs very well. Brakes are in good condition. No spares to speak of, we may have some drawings etc from the car but ill have to look. Thanks.

Q: How Much Do U Want For it? The Formula SAE car Nov-07-08
    A: What ever it sells for is what we are asking. Thanks.
    </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Best,
    Drew

Doh. I thought I looked for the Q&A on the listing, but apparently I'm just another jackass that can't read for himself. Sorry!

-Kirk

It's ok, I couldn't locate the dampers, and I parade myself as a suspension guy.

Must sleep more. Or coffee more. Or a linear summation of those two.

That'd be a scary vector field. It would definitely be a spiral sink.

Best,
    Drew

yeah theyre easy to miss, theyre mounted inboard along the bottom of the car using rockers/pullrods, pretty sure you cant see them in the pictures. And to whoever asked, no wrecks/accidents etc. Its actually a REALLY fun car to drive

<STRIKE>I forgot to check back on the auction as it ended.</STRIKE>
    <STRIKE>What was the result?</STRIKE>

Ah, had to log in to see it.
    $3,628US in case anyone else was wondering.
    James Waltman
    VRI at WWU Alumn
    FSAE ˜01 to ˜05
    http://dot.etec.wwu.edu/fsae/

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast