+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Most horsepower per dollar!!!

I just put some long tube Pacesetter headers on my truck, gas milage and horsepower went up...maybe I should put a ball valve in each primary to limit there flow and get some negative supercharging, heck maybe even a few blow off valves on the headers too?
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Former Drivetrain Leader and Team Captain

Wow,, this whole time i thought cold air was a good thing,, apparently i should ditch the intercooler on my dsm and add replace it with a hairdryer...

seriously,,,, what crap,,,,
    heating elements for incoming air?
    I think i will add sharp points to my pistons, make detonation even easier..

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HP4MSU:
    Wow,, this whole time i thought cold air was a good thing,, apparently i should ditch the intercooler on my dsm and add replace it with a hairdryer...

seriously,,,, what crap,,,,
    heating elements for incoming air?
    I think i will add sharp points to my pistons, make detonation even easier.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

mmm, electric supercharging
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

This site is hilarious!

To prove their technology they give an example of blowing up a gas cylinder when it is hot vs when it is cold and concluding that the hot gas canister leaves a larger crater in the dirt! i can't stop laughing!

Ben, you guys have been using that technology for a while now haven't you?? That's what Stretch led me to believe ;p
    Andrew Costin
    Engine Team Leader 2005
    General Nuisance 2006
    team Swinburne
    Swinburne University

It's not true that life is one damn thing after another; it is one damn thing over and over.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ben Inkster:
    This site is hilarious!

To prove their technology they give an example of blowing up a gas cylinder when it is hot vs when it is cold and concluding that the hot gas canister leaves a larger crater in the dirt! i can't stop laughing! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is that an SAE certified test?
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

If it's not, it should be.

Design Judge: "Why are you intaking hot air?"
    Student: "Because paint cans explode in a fire!"
    Wesley
    OU Sooner Racing Team Alum '09

connecting-rods.blogspot.com

You finally got those headers you were showing me last year? Nice! I was wondering what you were going to do with starting engineer's pay. Do you still have the fleet farm tires, though? lol. Now all you need is an LSD, a supercharger, and the formula slicks. That would be a kick ass time!
    -----------------------------
    CFS13 - Drivetrain
    "The pleasure of driving shouldn't be something that's reserved for people with very deep pockets."-Conor (I modified it a little bit)

supercharger, F that.....turbooooos
    Mike Duwe
    UWP Alumni

Here's a good quote from the site:

"As the exhaust valve opens, the high pressure gas forces itself through very small primary header pipes at twice the gas speed of a typical header. This produces a much lower pressure behind the higher gas flow in the small primary pipe of the header...The small primary pipe of the header does not restrict gas flow because the pipe is very short and gas is compressible under high pressure."

Here's the hot setup, watch out for it in LeMans next year:

-90 hp 1984 Caddillac HT4100 V8
    -Thermac air cleaner on computer-controlled Rochester dual jet carb
    -7.6:1 compression
    -Stock exhaust manifolds filled with JB Weld for more "good backpressure"
    Dr. Adam Witthauer
    Iowa State University 2002-2013 alum

Mad Scientist, Gonzo Racewerks Unincorporated, Intl.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast